SAU Community

Help R35 Gone Crazy Again

targa

JDM R35 2 1/2 years old

Tried to start it about 3 weeks ago, the battery was a bit low as I hadn't used the car for 2 months.

First it wouldn't start. all dash light on,

starter button nothing, but the headlights came on, and the headlight switch could not turn them off.

Then it finally started,but It wold stop.

Tried disconecting the battery, car still running, headlight still on, no way to stop it,apart from clamping a fuel line.

Tok it for a drive, after about 6 kms the headlights went off.

drove for 12 kms, stopped, and the starter switch stopped the car and it started again normally.

Everything operating as new again.

Tried to start it again yesterday, dash lights on, headlights on again, starter switch nothing.

Disconected the battery, dash light and headlight off.

So I charged the battery over night and tried again this morning, same thing again , dash and headlight on but it won't start.

Had to disconected the battery to turn the lights off.

Help Help any ideas all please???????

Thanks guys but it's not the battery.

Battery shows 12.9 volts plus tried a jump starter as well.

why are the headlight coming on?

Why wonldn't the engine turn off when it was running?

It must be to do with the can bus system somewhere.

might need a consult 3 to check it out.

Thanks guys but it's not the battery.

Battery shows 12.9 volts plus tried a jump starter as well.

why are the headlight coming on?

Why wonldn't the engine turn off when it was running?

It must be to do with the can bus system somewhere.

might need a consult 3 to check it out.

Batteries can show 14V and still be stuffed, especially after sitting around unused then quickly charged

Batteries can show 14V and still be stuffed, especially after sitting around unused then quickly charged

I agree but I have a multi meter on it and when I press the start button the voltage doesen't change, just silence.

OK the puzzle contunies

reconnect battery but first check current draw as it sparks a little as I connect and disconnect.

doors open interior light (door0 on close door? no windows up

reconect battry lower windows a bit close doors, check current draw .4 amps.

reconnect battery check for fault codes with cob

Troubleshoot reports "no codes"

ignition is on so I press the start button

this it goes off

Soooo try again and foot on brake MAGIC it start and press button again it stops

ALL fixed working perfectly again.

TILL NEXT TIME

this car is a worry

Thanks again Martin for trying

Jeff

Its not over yet.....(the trying)

Take the battery out of the car (disconnect it) for 5 minutes and reboot the CAN bus.

I have had it disconnected all night as I had it on charge.

still had the same "no start" problem.

and why do the headlight come on and won't turn off

It's all a mystery

Has the engine ever been out of the car?

nope as new as it left the factory in Japan

11,000 kms and only a couple of quite track days. (see below)

brakes get a bit sad at times thou

You should Water Spray those brakes..... :)

Two things I would do -

Replace battery just for the fun of it - stop any stray noise potentially on the CAN bus.

Secondly drop the Steering Lock and lubricate the firing pin

I know none of this makes any sense - but give it a go :)

You should Water Spray those brakes..... :)

Two things I would do -

Replace battery just for the fun of it - stop any stray noise potentially on the CAN bus.

Secondly drop the Steering Lock and lubricate the firing pin

I know none of this makes any sense - but give it a go :)

they sound like long shots to me

but I repect your experience with these cars

Hi Martin

Where do I find a fault code?

found

U1000

'power distitution module" communication fault

loose wire in main plug, fixed it at last