SAU Community

Overheating R32 Gtr

Matty Sherlock

Okay so I recently had all three cooant hoses replaced at the back of the motor, I didnt tackle the job myself as I trust my dealership to perform all works on my car.

The car was driven yesterday for about 15 minutes in a casual manner, never using WOT, the engine temp (standard guage) shot up so dramatically that I didn't notice it was getting hot.

Luckily, at the time I was pulling into my driveway, but there was a plume of steam from under the bonnet. I opened the bonnet in the driveway and shut the motor off. There was some coolant on the ground understandably and when the steam calmed down I peered my head into the location of the leak and it seeemed to have been coming from the back where the heater hoses were replaced. It took about 15-20 minutes for the steam to stop and I can't see any obvious problems/breakages otherwise I wouldn't need help but if anyone has been through trauma can they share their experience with me as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

The car is a 1993 R32 GT-R with aftermarket radiator, 1.3 cap, power fc, no massive mods that differentiate it from a standard car.

:thanks:

Sounds like some sort of blockage in the hose/block, or possibly not properly clamped. Do ******************NOT********************* drive the car any more without getting it checked out unless it is very close and slow, blown engine is not fun.

pretty sure there is some sort of alloy housing that the hoses connect to there somewhere. they tend to corrode a bit over time and the force of removing the old hose and fitting the new one and clamping it tight may have damaged it and then on the way home it let go.

pretty sure there is some sort of alloy housing that the hoses connect to there somewhere. they tend to corrode a bit over time and the force of removing the old hose and fitting the new one and clamping it tight may have damaged it and then on the way home it let go.

You could be on the money there... had the same issue on my mates car when we took his motor out. Ripping off hoses only to find that the joiner had corroded half way through and wasn't going to last much longer. Lucky the motor was out, would be a prick of a job to change in car