SAU Community

Sau Tas Track Day #2

zoidbergmerc

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely mate, in my mind anyone who knows they can improve and are willing to learn are going to come out as a much better driver than anyone claiming to be a driving god. Everyone at the track days was there to learn (or perfect, in some cases), and I have to say I learnt a lot more about the limits of my car at those speeds in a single day than I did in years of street driving.

I still remember driving my skyline for the first time (after coming directly from a pulsar) and coming home with wobbly knees, but I got used to the amount of power and handling (for my stocky at least) in not long at all :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea need somewhere to really let loose and learn to drive the R32. I have only had a starlet and hilux so stepping up to a turbo 6 cylinder from the NA 4 cylinders is abit of a challenge for me atm still.

I hope you get your car running sweet mate.

If you need any spares, just holler, some of us have a pretty large stash :P

32's are good fun, i pretty much learnt my car from stock and every single modification ive done has meant changing driving style slightly to get best out of it, ive seen people go from stock straight to everything replaced and they expected it to handle the same and pretty much they find they cant drive it properly, i did all my mods in stages so knew exactly how each tweak affected the car handling/power wise and could compensate driving style wise with each adjustment. it also lets you know what mods work and what mods dont properly. good ol trial and error.

32's are good fun, i pretty much learnt my car from stock and every single modification ive done has meant changing driving style slightly to get best out of it, ive seen people go from stock straight to everything replaced and they expected it to handle the same and pretty much they find they cant drive it properly, i did all my mods in stages so knew exactly how each tweak affected the car handling/power wise and could compensate driving style wise with each adjustment. it also lets you know what mods work and what mods dont properly. good ol trial and error.

yeah I missed out on all that evolution with my R33 :(

My original plan to track it the way it was when I got it went out the window when it became obvious that every thing about my R33 was broken closedeyes.gif

haha well still looks good but i think i should do some driver training days first im on my... Ls :rant:

still maybe i should just go to have a look and :action-smiley-069: to all on the track hahaha

Edited by thejedilestat

Yea this week I want to get spitfires coming my way and give it a REALLY good service. Going to look at the 52mm radiators with thermo fans.

Currently chasing:

Boot interior

Parcel shelf and covers

Rear seat buckles (have belts but no buckles)

Speedo cable

Front passenger window sill and scuff sill

Bonnet cable

Grill

Door locks + keys

Edited by TJHill

Definitely mate, in my mind anyone who knows they can improve and are willing to learn are going to come out as a much better driver than anyone claiming to be a driving god. Everyone at the track days was there to learn (or perfect, in some cases), and I have to say I learnt a lot more about the limits of my car at those speeds in a single day than I did in years of street driving.

I still remember driving my skyline for the first time (after coming directly from a pulsar) and coming home with wobbly knees, but I got used to the amount of power and handling (for my stocky at least) in not long at all :)

i get a wobbly body every time i drive mine still!

i have a few of those things mate, PM me if ur interested. how'd u go with ur wiper motor?

PM sent Bodie. Yea thanks for the wiper motor but it still won't get my front wipers going so obviously a wiring issue :(

I get very hard... in my pants. That's why I like to sit down right after.

Tj just use the standard fan

This ^^^ Stanard fan and rad is fine just fine.

I think there may be a slight difference between our cars here :P How many killerwasps is Twoogle making atw now?

The right level of acceleration will, for a split second, turn a fat man into a pancake, the human body ain't built for that kinda shit... You surely have to clean pieces of your wildly grinning face off the rear window every time you touch the loud pedal.

I think there may be a slight difference between our cars here :P How many killerwasps is Twoogle making atw now?

The right level of acceleration will, for a split second, turn a fat man into a pancake, the human body ain't built for that kinda shit... You surely have to clean pieces of your wildly grinning face off the rear window every time you touch the loud pedal.

i dunno, around 7-720awkw CRD say

awwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh.

Oil cooler is in and I'm ready to hit the track, so friggin keen!

Have to keep my skyline on the straight and narrow though, no drifting :P

Random question, has anyone booked this in? I've got a couple of mates keen, but want to be sure I'm giving them the right date :)

I'm on it mate , you can't really 'book it in' more so check to see there's nothing else happening on the day , i spoke to des today whilst i was over there and i'll be back there tomorrow to get confirmation from him that we can go out . Without paying the 3k odd hire of the track we have to share with anyone who wants to go out on the day :)