SAU Community

Need Help-R33 Gtst S1 Coilpacks Problem?

Hi guys great site you all have here, i just brought a 93 R33 gtst series1 and so far have put about 1000km on it, 700 of them where faultless and i was really impressed with the car until Friday morning when a friend come over to look at my new car and on start up it made a bit of splutter than ran fine until warm, as soon as it got hot it started missing and spluttering at all revs, turbo still spools fine though the motor runs like its running on 5 cylinders sounding like a wrx, the car still idles fine and the revs dont jump up or down there's just no power and constant missing but runs totally fine when cold. The only mods my car has is an exhaust, any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers

normal plugs gapped to .8mm, iridiums a waste of money. just change plugs with every service. also just check your injector plugs(give them a push to make sure they are seated). also, take off your coil pack cover and in a dark garage or at night, turn the car on and have a look if you can see and sparks jumping around your coils. be aware that there will be light flashes caused by plasma, that will be normal. look for sparks

Thanks for the help guys, it turned out being water sitting on the No2 spark plug hole, must have been from washing the motor, funny how it only affected the car when it was hot, i thought the water would short the coil out no matter what temp the engine was, oh well shes fixed now and fingers crossed no more issues arise.