SAU Community

Nismo Afm's

Would go for ecu with map sensors but want to retain factory airbox etc and only looking to achieve around 300kw atw. Probably cheaper to go something like d-jetro and not worry about afm's but Unfortunatly cops up this way don't take kindly to pods or made up airbox"s etc and an R34 gtr kinda stands out on country roads lol.

Mine has stock afms in it still....they don't do anything though ;)

Replaced it with an ARC box, which uses factory locations etc and the afms aren't hidden in any way.

Selling that soon for a different box but that's another story

Like what?

Mine's been on map sensor based ecu's since 2 weeks after I bought it in 2005 and havnt had a problem with map sensors.

And I've not had an issue with new AFM's since 2003.

You'll have to try harder to bait me today, I've had sleep :pirate:

Neither choice is better or worse fundamentally in reality (new vs new). Uou simply chose that which your tuner wants.

A setup is only as good as it's tuner, and you know that as well as anyone.

Issues encountered more often than not - have to do with the tuner than the choice of MAF or MAP. There are some tuners who go the dodge way and do not setup MAP correctly in terms of inputs for example.

You also know that most people compare 15yo MAF to a brand new MAP setup, so of course its going to be better/more reliable.

MAF is cheaper, MAP is more expensive particularly on a RB26/ITB. However you aren't talking $3000 differences. Maybe $500-$1000 given labour to take off the intake side where it'll take you 30mins to swap MAF with a screwdriver.

I'll take map everyday thanks. Small extra cost if using djetro with it's annoyingly placed sensors, other ecu's not so bad there no need for throttles to come off.

Eliminates the need to upgrade afms later if power output increases, eliminates the problem of running like shit if a cooler pipe comes off, eliminates the problem of afms getting old and dirty etc. For mexicans like you it may be hard for defects or whatever but that's just life

Each to their own!

Btw jdm supras are all map from factory, another win for the 2J ;)