SAU Community

Hks Sld

cad

Hi guys I have just received my HKS SLD TYPEIII N2 but no install instruction as its a used item.Can any body help with switch and wiring setup M35 Stagea ?

Thanks Brett

and speak shit it does.

It modifies the speed signal to the ECU from 140kph.

Not sure what the ECU does from 140kph as I couldn't understand it, but there is definitely mention of it changing the "normal" tune due to the "high speed".

Just putting it out there, I know no more than that :rolleyes:

I shouldn't think its secrecy - just easier to email stuff than try posting it on here sometimes. Speed limit defenders have been around for ages they do not harm the ecu in any way. - only JDM vehicles are limited to 180 all your aussie assembled cars can go as fast as their engines will allow so its not so radical. Of course doing 200km/hr down your local highway is irresponsible but there are plenty of tracks where you can exceed 180. Nistune, E-Manage and all aftermarket ecus will get rid of the speedlimiter as wll. Skyline owners just snip the speed signal wire or put a switch in it to defeat it.

Kiwi is correct & its alot easier to just send you an email with all the info (i have translated the japanese fitting instructions)!

Kiwi is correct for C34.

Consider this though, with the "Speed cut defender" option turned on in Scott's emanage (which is installed properly), the ECU's speed limiter still kicks in.

OP is referring to the NM35 install, not a C34 install.

If you have the instructions for install into an M35, then cool.

Im just offering what i know, take it or leave it, i really dont care! I just remember how frustrating it was when i went to install one of these and no-one knew anything about them! Yes the one i did was for an rb25 not a vq35, but the principals are the same; I have a wiring plot diagram of the vq35 ecu & translated fitting instructions (with switch pos etc) for the sld (yes fitting instructions, unless you are psychic and know where everything goes - if so help him & tell me the lotto numbers while your at it)!

There is no speed pulse input in our ecu, the signal goes down the CAN line like I have said. You would need the M35 specific unit and it would just plug into the OBD2 port I would assume, unless you cut the CAN line and intercept the signal, in which case you can forget it, not a smart idea. If you have the wiring diag, take a pic and post it, please. :thumbsup:

yeah besides pluging into the ecu, it also intercepts the CANBUS signal (which i also have a wire port dia of)! Give me a minute and i'll upload the pics to this thread (would have been easier to email but.......)!!!

So wrong...

So condescending...

Just what is so wrong?

That it is easier to send info as an attachment to an email than post it on here?

That SLDs have been around for a long time?

That they do not harm your ecu (if wired correctly naturally)?

That cars sold on the Japanese domestic market are speed limited whereas your aussie (or NZ assembled) are not?

That 200km/hr on the local highway is irresponsible?

That 200km/hr is possible on many race tracks?

That (some) Skyline owners jist cut a wire to the ecu plug to defeat the speed limiter?

That just leaves the question of the E-manage and after market ecus getting rid of the speed limiter.

I will accept that you have been unable to wire your e-manage so as to defeat the speed limiter and you may be right that it cannot be done with your car although I would be suprised

But replacing it with an aftermarket unit will definitely do the trick.

There is a VQ powered NM Stagea drifter (albeit a manual ) running around here with a wired in Link and that can go as fast as its little wheels will turn.

It has already been explained Kiwi and the VQ30 doesn't have an electronic throttle which is one of the the issues.

To the OP, understand completely what cutting the CAN line might do before installing this device.

Scotty I have a cruise control hooked up to a spEed pulse wire on my ECU .Are sure there isnt one as my cruise control works great.