SAU Community

V35 Performance Chip

hi guys i was browsing on ebay and i came across this.

It seems like a chip that improves the power of the engine.

This is what the descriptions says.

TUNE LIKE THE PROS with POWER Pro Tuning Module

Gain up to +45 Horsepower

Gain to +45 ft. lbs of Torque

Increase Horsepower & Torque Throughout the Entire RPM Range

Improve Towing Capacity & Uphill Cruise Speed

Enjoy A/C Without the Power Drain

Boost Fuel Mileage

Crisper Shifting in Automatic Transmissions

Extend Costly Maintenance Intervals

Turbocharge Off-The-Line Performance

Lower 1/4 Mile Track Time

DYNO Approved & Tested

Street Legal

Boost MPG 1-3 MPG

Increase Horsepower & Torque Throughout

t

The link is provided below, but from now it will be on sale for around 4 hrs. so I was thinking maybe if we search up the title in bold text we can find it again later. The questions is it only costs $25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the bidding price but an actual price is $25 !!!!!!! To me this is too good to be true, $25 for 40hp ?

I would like your opinions guys, please let me know what you guys think.

The sellers have 99.5% seller rating and they do 60 days money back guarantee.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-INFINITI-G35-2003-2009-2007-20

PERFORMANCE CHIP INFINITI G35 2003-2009 2007 2008

<H2 class=vi-it-itSbHd></H2>08-/260771260587?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AG35&hash=item3cb72da8ab

This will be a massive, I repeat MASSIVE pile of shit.

When was the last time you saw a 40hp gain for $25?

Exactly.

Still it's got a money back guarantee; what could possibly go wrong?

Exactly.

thanks for ur opinion Dale,

I'm currently in USA atm so I've been looking at the prices here compared to sydney.

I've read some good reviews for chips that cost $80-$120 and the expensive ones are $500... The good one was called SLR motorsports performance chip.

These prices does not include the labour costs.

whereas in sydney I've noticed these chips cost around $2k-$2.5k...some idiot quoted $4k... but all these prices in sydney includes the cost of labour...

so are you of the belief that anything under $2k would be useless? and that I will have to go through a professional to have them installed?

I know nothing about the mechanical side, so I do not wish to install them myself.

have you had any experience with performance chips/ECUs?

The only thing that is plug and play is to send your ecu to technosquare for $500 and get it flashed.

Or

Utec ems, inlay have one for sale, look up the info in a link I posted few days ago, or u can get rev up tune but these things only give u about 11rwhp gain on NA.

That eBay thing is bull $hit

The only thing that is plug and play is to send your ecu to technosquare for $500 and get it flashed.

Or

Utec ems, inlay have one for sale, look up the info in a link I posted few days ago, or u can get rev up tune but these things only give u about 11rwhp gain on NA.

That eBay thing is bull $hit

That is the one in Victoria right??

The thing is, I'm so noob with mechanics I don't even know where my ecu is :wacko:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm looking to spend $500 on,

1. Plenum Spacers

2. Pod Filter & Z-tube

I heard from many sources that this would give me around 25Hp at the engine? is this correct?

and I have purchased a grounding kit just now on e-bay. I hope it's good.

It's stillen grounding kit for infiniti g35. I paid $79 USD

since yous eem to be the guy who knows more on this stuff, can I install plenum spacers, pod filters ans z-tube on my own?

or does it require professional work?

Also is a z-tube necessary for additional horsepower?

your reply would be appreciated :)

The forum has an excellent search function, I can only suggest that you give it a go.

Thanks for ur info,

btw, do u have sway bars for V35 coupe??

I you got the Stillen grounding kit and you have an auto, add an extra cable from a grounding point to the gearbox. Apparently shifts are improved. But I wouldn't trust that ebay thing, it looks like one of those weird "connect to battery +ve and -ve" things.

I you got the Stillen grounding kit and you have an auto, add an extra cable from a grounding point to the gearbox. Apparently shifts are improved. But I wouldn't trust that ebay thing, it looks like one of those weird "connect to battery +ve and -ve" things.

Hey, thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me more??

I just ordered it so i will receive it 2 days or so.

I have no idea about these griunding kits. I know what they do but I don't know how to install.

When you say "add an extra cable" do I have to purchase additional cables??

it says it is 4/8 awg cable whatever that means. I was told by Victor to buy that type.

and also what do u mean by weird :connect to battery things?"

did I pay for the wrong stuff ??

Thanks for ur info,

btw, do u have sway bars for V35 coupe??

I can get them,:thumbsup: are you Sydney based?

I'm going to gauge interest again shortly in the V Series forum for a Group Buy. If I can get more than 5 interested parties the prices are VERY good.

Also, Plenum spacers, filters etc, are well within the scope of a patient backyarder with some decent hand tools.:thumbsup:

Cheers, Dale.

Edited by Daleo

Oh no, not again with the ebay stuff! Why not try powerchip as Wayne Besanko will be happy to help you with his degree in commerce. The only way to gain power is sticking to basics i.e. More head flow, more exhaust flow, F.I , Nitrous, advance timing/tune etc etc so stay away from ebay's 'performance chip' 'electric supercharger' etc as they are gimmicks.

Another thing you can try is sprint booster, it will NOT increase your hp/TQ but it increases your throttle response by modifying the drive by wire signals. Also regarding with grounding kits, is it really required to have them on a fairly late model car? pretty sure grounding haven't deteriorated within few years.

Edited by kliono

Grounding kit is needed, have u seen how sh!t the grounding is on our car? Ask if they gave u that extra cable, some do. Makes more of a difference on the 5AT than 6MT.

No technosquare is in USA, maybe they have someone in Australia doing them. I do think there is someone in Victoria doing uprev tuning but not sure, either way u only do it after u do all ur mods. I'm selling my pod filter, z-tube in month or so when I go FI. And yes u can install yourself. If u in goldcoast I'll install them for you. Plenum spacer bit harder but still doable

Oh and I only gained 11 rwkw from de ypipe, hfc, plenum spacer, ztube, jwolf pop charger, grounding kit (my own)... Already had fujitsubo muffler. Total was 170rwkw.

Ypipe and plenum made most difference I think. Ztube and popcharer a little but add to the sound which sounds awesome.

Lol, sounds like a bargain buy, seems legit! unsure.gif

To be honest, it's not remotely worth looking at tuning the ecu on the v35.. the only time you'd do it is if you already have intake, ignition and exhaust mods then you will get a little and i mean a little only gain.

Unless you wanna get it tuned to fix the stupid problem where they bloody ping from factory..that's a different matter.

Yeah suspension is good on the V, it's still a heavy bastard though at 1500+ kgs though the front midship layout makes it quite agile for it's size and weight. Chassis stiffness isn't too bad either so suspension is definitely worth it.

If are a good driver then the best money spent is SUSPENSION!!!! Dale I would like to hear of prices when u do one !!!

PM sent :thumbsup:

Grounding kit is needed, have u seen how sh!t the grounding is on our car? Ask if they gave u that extra cable, some do. Makes more of a difference on the 5AT than 6MT.

No technosquare is in USA, maybe they have someone in Australia doing them. I do think there is someone in Victoria doing uprev tuning but not sure, either way u only do it after u do all ur mods. I'm selling my pod filter, z-tube in month or so when I go FI. And yes u can install yourself. If u in goldcoast I'll install them for you. Plenum spacer bit harder but still doable

SOunds good,

I dunno if they come with the extra cable. If they don't where can I purchase one?

But I might visit you in a month or so, I will buy the pod filter and z-tube from you if they are in good condition.

Let me know closer to the date :)

SOunds good,

I dunno if they come with the extra cable. If they don't where can I purchase one?

But I might visit you in a month or so, I will buy the pod filter and z-tube from you if they are in good condition.

Let me know closer to the date :)