SAU Community

Engine Check Light

fuelrod80

Hi, i have an R34 gtt and occasionally my engine check light comes on for no apparent reason, the oil is new, the plugs are good, the coil packs are a bit average and its probably due soon for a timing belt but other than that there isnt any problems, the light has only just started to come on and stays on for a minute or so then goes off again..

Any ideas???

Thanks for your time..

There are too many things which can trigger the warning light. Get a nissan consult cable and read the errors from the computer. The check engine light is not designed to tell you whats wrong(you can use it for diagnosis but that's a different story), its designed to tell you SOMETHING is wrong. You can't do anything without a consult cable.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item231027be4a for example. Pretty sure all consult ports are the same...

^ Is that true for the R33 series 2? One of my coils just died and no check engine and I was clearly running on 5 cylinders.

Edited by SargeRX8

There are too many things which can trigger the warning light. Get a nissan consult cable and read the errors from the computer. The check engine light is not designed to tell you whats wrong(you can use it for diagnosis but that's a different story), its designed to tell you SOMETHING is wrong. You can't do anything without a consult cable.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item231027be4a for example. Pretty sure all consult ports are the same...

^ Is that true for the R33 series 2? One of my coils just died and no check engine and I was clearly running on 5 cylinders.

nah, as far as i know it's only the r34