SAU Community

Air Con Not Working

Hi All,

I have after quite some time decided to get around to fixing my air con. It hasn't been working for quite some time a few years actually. Before i upgraded my car from non-turbo to turbo. It was a full transplant.

The aircon used to work before the garage i left it with did the job. I had to replace the heater core on my car and i know the air con had gas in it as i had to take the car to get it de-gassed before i ripped it apart.

I have done the aircon diagnostics and it gave me error codes 21 and 25. Which are the outside ambient sensor and sun load sensor.

The ambient sensor behind the front bar seems to be half destroyed.

The sunload sensor doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it but i guess if the diagnostics says its rooted then it must be.

Does anyone know where i can get some replacements from? Or does anyone have either sensor (in WORKING order) that they can sell to me?

Cheers.

If the diagnosis is done in a dark place or exceptionally strong sunlight, a sunload sensor error may be indicated. So your sunload sensor may be ok

Hahahahahaha i NEVER thought of that!! LMAO :blink:

I did it last night at like 11pm, so i have a funny feeling THAT may have been a mitigating factor in the A/C diagnostic throwing a sunload error. :rofl2:

I'll check tomorrow for the sunload but i definitely need an ambient sensor from the front of the car :rolleyes:

Edited by THRLLR