SAU Community

Rb25Det S2 Rebuild

How's it going I'm starting to rebuild my rb25 and since I'm running an hx35. With 550cc injectors I would like to upgrade the internals so I can run more boost. My question is what would be the best rods and pistons for me I'm looking to get about 450rwhp and I'm running an AMS EMS ecu.

Thanks.

Do you want the BEST Pistons and Rods?

Or best for your build

If best for your build, then stock GTR rods and any old brand of Forged slugs

Anyway 450rwhp on your Yank dynos means bout 380-400hp over here so stock internals will be fine with a decent tune and less than 7500rpm

Do you want the BEST Pistons and Rods?

Or best for your build

If best for your build, then stock GTR rods and any old brand of Forged slugs

Anyway 450rwhp on your Yank dynos means bout 380-400hp over here so stock internals will be fine with a decent tune and less than 7500rpm

+1

Aren't GTR Rods and GTST Rods the same? Its just the pin/deck height of the piston that changes?

Anyway, get some GTR rods (or use stock if they are the same) and replace the bolts with ARP2000 bolts. New ACL or good bearings of your choice, and CP pistons (could also use JE, wiseco, etc etc, but CP are good).

If you want to replace rods then either Eagle or Spool are good for money, noting wrong with the brand names like Tomei, etc etc.

If you search on Ebay America you can find CP and Eagle Rod combos for less then $900 I think, ARP2000 Mainstuds and head studs would be a nice addition also.

But if you are only after that power range, you shouldn't need a built motor. Stock is generally good for around 260-300rwkw (350-400rwhp), just upgrade the ECU, Injectors, Fuel Pump and Turbo.

Check out the RB25 Dyno thread and see what power levels people are getting and what mods they have, link.

Haha I know our dynos here are garbage thats why I'm asking you guys. I want the best for this rebuild I would love to hit the 500rwhp mark so 550 on your dyno standard but I will settle for 450rwhp reliable power. So any suggestions on witch way will be the best route for me. Ok I will definatly check out the CP pistons and the GTR rods.

Edited by dropeds13

I wouldn't do a rebuild for that power.........I'd save my $$$$ and import an RB30 bottom end from Oz and do a rebuild on it instead. That way you not only get a tough motor but a bigger torque-er motor. In the mean time develop your RB25 with a view to move to an RB30. That is buy parts that you can transfer across to the RB30 when your ready.