SAU Community

Moving Power Steering Line

Hi guys, first off not sure where to put this so i just put it in here but mods if it doesn't belong please move to where appropriate.

Well then, so basically R33 GTS-T rb25, getting rid of the clutch fan to mount BA thermo fans in. The thermo fans fit in between radiator and engine however the power steering line is in the way. What is the best way to move it and has anyone done it before. If I was to disconnect and mount it facing to the side will it effect anything (dont really see it being a problem)? The line is pretty long also so im not sure what to do with it and where to mount properly as if I were to move it Id have to take it off the original mount.

Please no discussion on clutch/viscous fan vs. thermo fans, decided against viscous fan for a number of reasons and main one being im trying to harvest everything the engines got, eliminating all type of un-needed drag on the crank.

Hope someone can help out :)

Thanks!

There is just a banjo bolt holding the line on there, shouldn't be a problem at all if you twist it 90 degrees and bolt it back on, as long as it can stretch that lengh. If the hose is tightened, with a twist in it, it will reduce the life span of it, but worse come worse get a shop to make a new line up

Just had a better look, got rid of all the aircon stuff, looks like theres plenty of room to twist it the other way, theres quite a lot of hyrdraulic hose, might have to make a bracket and tuck it all away but it looks easily doable. Easy enough job.. kinda feel like a retaed for not having a better look first instead of asking haha.

Got shrouds for the electric fans? Keep the stocker and put the boost up 1psi. If you're serious about reducing drag you will have removed the aircond and power steering?

Got shrouds for the electric fans? Keep the stocker and put the boost up 1psi. If you're serious about reducing drag you will have removed the aircond and power steering?

Yeah they are fully shrouded fans, made to flow 4000cfm. Aircon is all gone, power steering I need (hill climb/track/drift) but am looking at ways of making it more efficient.