SAU Community

Xenon Lights And Compliance

Hmm ok

well I cant seem to find the Ballasts and it appears there is H112v55w Engraved into the lights..

The engraving means it has been converted to suit H1 globes as per the workshops evidence, when you remove the HID's some evidence requires you to engrave them.

have a look at newones on web shop, see where balist are install if posible, go back to importer and ask for the parts that came off ya car if they missen and go from there. tooooo easy

Readers:

we need some help over here... one of my very dear friends and longtime contributers to SAUWA has just taken delivery of his Y34 Cedric VIP

(car is beautiful) :)

anyway - the car is ready to be registered in WA however there's one draw back.. the HID's are still hooked up and connected.

he's taking his car for inspection tomorrow morning and we NEED to disconnect the headlights and revert to halogen, I'm doing everything i can to help this guy out.. but i need some advice / walk through here..

does anyone know what to do / anyone know of a walk through thread? in what way does "changing HID lights" differ to "changing HID kits"?

do any of you know what type of halogen bulbs the Y34 takes?

oh and PLEASE nobody reply giving vague info here - and nobody tell me to "search" because if you do i will hunt you down.

i am trying to help a brother out here! :)