SAU Community

Water Leaks ...

Run-It-Hard

Hey guys,

I've noticed an annoying problem arise with my Stagea lately.

At first I didn't even notice until I had that musky smell (I have original floor mats), but I have water getting into the cabin somehow!

Point where it looks to be leaking is the rear passenger footwells, can get pretty damp at times too. Also seems that both drivers and passenger side up front was/has been getting a little wet.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before, I really don't know where to start looking :unsure:

I might have to rip the carpet out and have a look under the car with the hose, fun times...

Any ideas guys?

I barely touch the A/C, and I didn't think the A/C ran to the back of the car? sure doesn't look like it. it gets damp right after the first row of seats.

Edited by RoadsterGarage

got sunroofs?

might be a damaged seal and its leaking into the cabin

Yeah I do, but if that were to happen wouldn't I see some dampness around the roof lining? Passengers haven't noticed any dripping water on them either haha.

There was a thread on this earlier this month.

any idea to what the thread name was? I can't find squat.

Yeah.

Pull your wipers off. Snd the big plasic cover off. Theres a green i think weird grommet thing. Re glue him in and ur away

Interesting, I think I read about that before, just can't find the thread.

Keep the ideas coming! Hopefully I'll get it sorted over the weekend.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a C34 (for those that don't know).

Edited by RoadsterGarage

Ha, I've got the excact same issue cept I'm in an M35. Rear passenger foot well gets drenched when it rains (I think?).

Scott looked over my car - doesn't seem to be any cracks in the chassis or the rubber seals around the doors.

Going to have to do some testing with the seat removed and carpets pulled out and see where its coming from...

I wonder if Pipster's fix would apply to my car....:whistling:

Edited by ironpaw

I think my plan of action is to rip the seats and carpet out, get the hose on the car for a few minutes and see if anything happens haha.

What a pain!

It's raining pretty hard today, I wonder if the floor is damp now, or only when I drive, hmm.

Just came back from driving to the lunch shop, no dampness anywhere ... even with heater on.

I do remember it gets quite damp after a night on the skidpan, seems like starts right at the back of the transmission tunel and trickles to the floor, but I'm talking right at the bottom of the tunnel.

Edited by RoadsterGarage

a quick way to check before you pull your wipers off is to pull the blower motor out (1 plug and 3 screws)

i had water in the blower motor because that green locator sits directly above it

hope that saves you too much messing about

Lately I discovered water in the driver's side of my stag ,first time I dried it ,couple of weeks later water again...used the hose technique and discovered water cming throught the rubber grommet behind the side on the right so after a bit of check decided to try to fix it right .

Lifted the car and pulled part of the plastic cover under the wheel arc (3 screws and to clips was enough) and discovered two things,First the person that put the alarm made a hole on the big grommet and second when I installed the boost controller and boost gauge made a hole on the small grommet for the lach release cable :sick: ; so arrenged the ofending cables /hose throught the rip in the big grommet tapped all together and applied a generous quantity of Sikaflex(it's a sealer but it's not like silicone when it dries it's like rubber)and with a help of a rubber glove pushed around the cables and into the hole(it would finished better if i used a little bit of turps to made it more smooth)

Hope it helps somebody...

post-52922-0-68000000-1303982612_thumb.jpg

post-52922-0-88391300-1303982622_thumb.jpg

Wow, so I'm guessing Stags leaking is a bit of a common problem.

Is there any way to access the sunroof drain holes? Is it possible to clean them out ?I should check those grommets out, I don't have the wheel arch cover anymore.

I am having the same problem

Drivers side front.

It is not the heater core, I have that disconnected already due to previous leak

I have tried the sealer on the big grommet, Still leaks heaps when it rains. I have no splash guards fitted due to R34 front.

Going to try and find it on the weekend. Might park it in full darkness and put a bright light under the car, in wheel arches and in front of the windscreen and see if any light comes thru into the cabin. That shound find the leak.

I know it is not around the windows either.

Thinking it may be a possible rust hole in the wiper arm area in front of windscreen

I think we should sticky this thread, and pile up all the fixes we've done in here.

For now I've just left out the floor mats and I'm waiting for the water to come about again.

It's the rear floor section for me =/

Stuff knows, I'll need to sort it though, I hate the musky smell!

It's quite damp in the wet, I noticed that the front had a tiny little spot that was a little wet, so you could be right.

I am having the same problem

Drivers side front.

It is not the heater core, I have that disconnected already due to previous leak

I have tried the sealer on the big grommet, Still leaks heaps when it rains. I have no splash guards fitted due to R34 front.

Going to try and find it on the weekend. Might park it in full darkness and put a bright light under the car, in wheel arches and in front of the windscreen and see if any light comes thru into the cabin. That shound find the leak.

I know it is not around the windows either.

Thinking it may be a possible rust hole in the wiper arm area in front of windscreen

yeah mine gets water in the drivers footwell too. but only if i drive through puddles at low speed. im thinking its something under the guard.

im going to try spraying detergent up under the guards and then hit it with the compressor and see if i can find bubbles coming through.

Confirmed it last night out on the skidpan...

leaking somewhere from the front drivers side and trickles back the the rear drivers side.

I'll get around to looking for it soon enough, at least I've pinpointed where it's actually coming from now (kinda).