SAU Community

Hks Front Pipes On Standard 32 Gtr Dumps

Hi All,

Just got a HKS front pipe for my 32 GTR. Inlets look alot bigger than the factory ones, so i'm wondering if the front pipes will fit on the standard GTR dump pipes?

If not, can I just make an adapter to fit?

Cheers

They should bolt straight on.

I've got hks front pipes and they're direct fit.

Stock R32GTR dumps suck

Thanks,

I'd like dump pipes, but thought its a turbo out job to fit them? Or is it just a bitch to fit without removing the turbos?

but thought its a turbo out job to fit them? Or is it just a bitch to fit without removing the turbos?

Pretty much dude :)

If you only have stock turbos, then no point.

As you'd only change it all if you were changing turbos. It's advisible to change them (the turbos) more for safety but as long as you keep boost under 14psi things should be ok - still risky though on a 32 motor IMO.

Pretty much dude :)

If you only have stock turbos, then no point.

As you'd only change it all if you were changing turbos. It's advisible to change them (the turbos) more for safety but as long as you keep boost under 14psi things should be ok - still risky though on a 32 motor IMO.

I had the factory ones replaced ages ago, didn't think about dumps back then ><

I'll keep dumps in mind for next time

Let's consider the extra heat restrictive factory dumps create...we hear this from you repeatedly Nismiod that there's no gains to be had from a/m dumps yet you harp on about all the gains to be had from a larger free flowing exhaust ie. 3.5"...your opinion or experience on the dyno contradicts the vast majority of other peoples experience with a/m dumps... Better response, more power, proven time and time again.

If you can afford dumps, do them, simple.

Nope, I don't and i don't believe nismoid has any back to back tests, same car, same dyno, same day which would prove there is nothing to be had from changing dumps and if he did, I dont believe he'd share them as if would detract from his position of 'little if anything to be gained'...

I've got some common sense and it tells me it's harder to blow through a straw than a garden hose.

Take a look inside a factory dump, lumps, bumps and restrictions galore.

I just don't get how anyone can say one section of the exhaust, the dumps in this case, a section exposed to the hottest exhaust gases is not worth upgrading, it contradicts everything people have been doing with turbo cars for years.

Are there any examples of any of the jap tuners retaining stock dumps?

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if we all followed nismoids lead, we'd all be driving stock dumped, stock cammed RB26s...there's plenty of people on this forum who'd beg to differ.

Nothing against you Nismiod, just too one eyed on this topic IMO.

Edited by NSNPWR

ive got standard dumps on my 33 GTR with HKS front pipes.. put it this way the assface that left the dumps standard needs a swift kick in the mouth.. hate buying cars with shit work done.. and i 2nd ur oppinion NSNPWR

Still... would be interesting to see how much a pair of big dumps would make to power and response with some -7's and/or -9's

Obviously huge gains to be had with -5's and 10's as youd be stupid to run standard dumps

Nope, I don't and i don't believe nismoid has any back to back tests, same car, same dyno, same day which would prove there is nothing to be had from changing dumps and if he did, I dont believe he'd share them as if would detract from his position of 'little if anything to be gained'...

I've got some common sense and it tells me it's harder to blow through a straw than a garden hose.

Take a look inside a factory dump, lumps, bumps and restrictions galore.

I just don't get how anyone can say one section of the exhaust, the dumps in this case, a section exposed to the hottest exhaust gases is not worth upgrading, it contradicts everything people have been doing with turbo cars for years.

Are there any examples of any of the jap tuners retaining stock dumps?

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if we all followed nismoids lead, we'd all be driving stock dumped, stock cammed RB26s...there's plenty of people on this forum who'd beg to differ.

Nothing against you Nismiod, just too one eyed on this topic IMO.

Ah you have missed recent developments - :)

I've got Garrett -5s on my car now.

Just to see, I purchased a set of Tomei dumps and to put them to the test.

I didnt make 1rwkw more than any other setup with stock R33/R34 dumps. No same day. Same dyno, same parts on motors built to the same spec - best i have which isn't too far off.

My power curve is identical to all the others. 3.5" exhaust, no cat, Racepace front pipes etc etc.

I wasted $600, just how it goes.

Actually no i lie - the exhaust note changed slightly. That's all I got from $600

There is only one flaw to the straw analogy. If the straw flows the amount of air - simply going bigger offers nothing.

Just because a setup dares to push the limits, and produces the results, people doubt.

Only human nature, i doubted too and hence i purchased dumps even against advice :)

^^ when do you think it becomes a restriction? The dumps that is.

Would have to be big power...they are very short pipes so there is no real time for the gasses to be held back...being that they are exiting the turbine at near supersonic speed (I no make that up)

Quick edit - Also, whilst the standard dumps are quite small, they are still larger than the turbine exit, and only have 3 cylinders worth of gas flowing down each one.

So whatever size the stock dumps are, 2 1/4" or so, that is quite a large exhaust for a 1.3L motor

I've got Garrett -5s on my car now.

Just to see, I purchased a set of Tomei dumps and to put them to the test.

I didnt make 1rwkw more than any other setup with stock R33/R34 dumps. No same day. Same dyno, same parts on motors built to the same spec - best i have which isn't too far off.

Split or bellmouth?

From what i understand of the theory, split should help with spool, but perhaps the improvement is negligible.