SAU Community

Brake Pads

Hey!!

Looked through the V-series section and couldnt find a direct answer to my question.

To sum it up: I need new brake Pads.

As a total noob to most mechanics of the car I am unsure of what pads i need for my car. The pads I have currently have around 30%-40% but squeak like hell and need new pads desperately.

Im budgeting around $300-$400 inc labour but I would like to source the pads my self and get the mechanic just to fit them.

I have a 2004 350gt 2nd anniversary coupe. Stock brakes no brembo's.

I may track my car pretty soon so I need pads that can take a beating, not squeak like hell and are good for daily use.

Hey!!

Looked through the V-series section and couldnt find a direct answer to my question.

To sum it up: I need new brake Pads.

As a total noob to most mechanics of the car I am unsure of what pads i need for my car. The pads I have currently have around 30%-40% but squeak like hell and need new pads desperately.

Im budgeting around $300-$400 inc labour but I would like to source the pads my self and get the mechanic just to fit them.

I have a 2004 350gt 2nd anniversary coupe. Stock brakes no brembo's.

I may track my car pretty soon so I need pads that can take a beating, not squeak like hell and are good for daily use.

Send GSL Rallysport a PM, or check the trader section for them, they do great deals for forum users.

Agree give Greg from GSL Rally sport a call. I have same brakes as you, non brembo on a sedan, and A1RM pads from QFM are a great performance pad that can take track day use.

Be especially careful to do some cool down laps before parking as I warped my first set of rotors not doing that. Unfortunatey these brakes are right on the limit for track use and if doing more than 5 laps in a row would suggest easing off in the middle of the bracket to let them cool a bit.. Check out the earlier posts this year from 180wanabe who cooked a rotor on the track.

I have Brembros so they prices are a bit more than non - brembos but after searching so many places i got prices direct from these two guys

Brembo F + R stoptech performace pads (Street use and Track, as good as project Mu without the rotor wear)

Place 1 (Grip-force brakes): $118 + 35 shipping

Place 2 (HRauto parts): $100 + 45 shipping

I have gone through a few sets of pads

Completely destroyed some oem grade ones that were only 10k old in 1 track day, I drove home with almost no brakes at all the slots in my rotors will filled with pad warning lights galore on the dash "ABS, Brake warning light, slip, VDC"

2nd set was Ferodo DS2500 which I would rate as my favorite pad so far, work just as well as OEMs when cold but keep on keeping on when your at the track on your 5th hot lap. But like Grae35 said I allmost chewed through a rotor because of VDC constantly grabbing the front right brake whilst going around the sweepers - I stopped using VDC at the track after that, it was only holding me back anyway

3rd set is the QFM A1RM which iv done one track day on, I was a bit disappointed with them however my rotors got machined at the same time they went in which may be a reason why they didint feel as good. The front left rotor cracked that day anyway so iv replaced them with some RDA slotted as a band aid till I can sort something out like a set of Brembos. I'll see how they go on the fresh rotors next track day I go to however at the moment Im not sure when that will be as my cars having some issue with the ABS/VDC cutting out. I suspect a speed sensor is playing up as iv noticed the speedo drop down from 100 to 80 and then pick back up as iv been on the hwy

I need new pads to and have NFI where to start, i have been looking on ebay found some Hawk pads for like $130 bucks for a G35 (same car) non brebo (same as my car). Then there is another set of Hawk but the touring style and they have a cable coming out of them in the pic and the street performance ones dont so confused any one clarify this ill post links below to em.

Touring

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HAWK-BRAKE-PADS-PC-F-R-NISSAN-350Z-ALTIMA-INFINITI-G35-/290536304255?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a5502e7f

Street

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HAWK-BRAKE-PADS-HPS-F-R-NISSAN-350Z-ALTIMA-INFINITI-G35-/230586591560?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b0082948

I just sent them a msg, i need something for a daily use thats not gona just burn the pads in a month or two as i do around 150km a day at the moment.

I have gone through a few sets of pads

Completely destroyed some oem grade ones that were only 10k old in 1 track day, I drove home with almost no brakes at all the slots in my rotors will filled with pad warning lights galore on the dash "ABS, Brake warning light, slip, VDC"

2nd set was Ferodo DS2500 which I would rate as my favorite pad so far, work just as well as OEMs when cold but keep on keeping on when your at the track on your 5th hot lap. But like Grae35 said I allmost chewed through a rotor because of VDC constantly grabbing the front right brake whilst going around the sweepers - I stopped using VDC at the track after that, it was only holding me back anyway

3rd set is the QFM A1RM which iv done one track day on, I was a bit disappointed with them however my rotors got machined at the same time they went in which may be a reason why they didint feel as good. The front left rotor cracked that day anyway so iv replaced them with some RDA slotted as a band aid till I can sort something out like a set of Brembos. I'll see how they go on the fresh rotors next track day I go to however at the moment Im not sure when that will be as my cars having some issue with the ABS/VDC cutting out. I suspect a speed sensor is playing up as iv noticed the speedo drop down from 100 to 80 and then pick back up as iv been on the hwy

how do you find the DS2500 in term of dust?

• 2 months later...

Cost?

$70 for front pair + $50 shipping :thumbsup: OEM cost $280 for front and rear. They r gonna be my next pads cos OEM is too dusty.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISMO-03-05-INFINITI-G35-R-TUNE-FRONT-BRAKE-PAD-SET-V35-/200617826210?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb5c117a2

Nismo tune R, part number 41060-rnz35

Edited by Nicko_2010

• 4 weeks later...