SAU Community

Rb20Det Max Power

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm ok, i always thought the inlet manifolds on the 20's were shit, maybe i was thinking of the redtop or something. Just weird how you rarely see a 20 make more then 230-240rwkw, i know not wanting to put a massive turbo on is a big reason due to lag but if the std inlet is not a restrition then whats holding these motors back? 25's seem to make more power easier, mate at work has almost 300rwkw with a unopened motor, just a 3076 (i think) and the usual supporting mods, i know been a 2.5 over a 2 littre helps but still.

Yea sounds weird if the 2535 is running out of puff after only 6.5k, should be good almost to redline. I think even the smaller 2530's are good till about 7k then they fall of.

Might have something to do with the cams, your not running cam gears are you?

yeh HKS cam gears aswel

this is mates track car down here in VIC

although rb24 it still retains the standard rb20 inlet manifold, 400KW @ wheels

yeh HKS cam gears aswel

this is mates track car down here in VIC

although rb24 it still retains the standard rb20 inlet manifold, 400KW @ wheels

And some people wonder why imports have a bad name with the general public.

I'm with you on that. That guy is a f**king idiot. It sucks that we all shit canned in the same group as him.

Its not a skyline so its ok :nyaanyaa:

I think with the 20's you have to have a compromise between power and response, nothing you can do about the lag and as roy said it can be an advantage having less torque, with a good turbo setup and been able to have you foot planted mid corner and still getting traction is a good thing, just maybe not as fun on the street.

• 2 years later...

I'm with you on that. That guy is a f**king idiot. It sucks that we all shit canned in the same group as him.

Settle down hardparkers, he would look like a muppet if he's got drift stickers and a huge T wing and the car had 100% tread. Personally i hate getting canned in the "DRIFTSCENE" because today's driftscene is filled full of people who put stickers on their cars, chinese bodykits, fartcannons and sit at meets with 100% tread saying IF i was to do a burnout i'd light up the street.

Anyone who drives a skyline like a commodore should sell their car and buy a commodore.