SAU Community

Heathcote Park 29Th May

l_uk3y

I'll be heading up after I call in at the hospital to see dad in Box Hill,so my plans have changed otherwise would be up for a premeet Brent

Oh ok fair enough Anna, I hope your dad is ok. Im gonna leave nice and early hopefully at 5:30am tomorrow morning but I guess I will probably see you up there when you get there.

Never seen Heathcote that busy before. We left early as 2 cars had already dropped oil and the line for runs was right back to near the speedway area.

Otherwise it was a good day, nice to meet you Brent!

Last time i went to heathcote I did like 12 runs how many were people getting this time? :S

I found by the end of the day you could finish and just queue back up within 1 minute your back on again only have to wait for like 1 car to go

1x C63 AMG

1x R33 GTR 370rwkw

1x Blown LS1 Commodore 400rwkw+

1x Audi - Not sure what, could be a RS5

1x Clio Sport - probably only run a 17 but its a funny little car

Maybe a mates LS1 Monaro N/A 330rwkw.

How did these cars go Ash? Curious George here :)

That was soo busy out there today. felt like 30 minute cues.

My best for the day was 13.24 at 112mph. Bit disapointed but couldn't get off the line. Once I got into 3rd the new turbo felt spot on. 60 foot time was 2.25. (on MT's)

Was a good day though.

Last time i went to heathcote I did like 12 runs how many were people getting this time? :S

I found by the end of the day you could finish and just queue back up within 1 minute your back on again only have to wait for like 1 car to go

Not sure on the number of runs people got as we left early- Thats usually what it has been like when we have been there, but this time Luke ran 3 times between about 11 and 12 and had a half hourish break in between his second and third run, once the second car dropped oil was when the line backed right back as it was a fair spill that they had to clean up, it was PACKED! I'd guess at least 75 entrants racing for the day maybe? I didnt actually count but there were cars everywhere, seemed to be people still arriving at 12:30ish when we decided to load up and leave... A few hotted up commodores, not many imports though. There were alot of serious dragsters there too from what I could see.

Luke(Nutr33) said he has been going for years and never seen that many cars entered before. We have never been to Calder on Fridays so cant compare to that...

I've been looking at their website and no idea when they last ran a Test day so maybe that is why it was so busy, also there are no future dates listed

That was soo busy out there today. felt like 30 minute cues.

My best for the day was 13.24 at 112mph. Bit disapointed but couldn't get off the line. Once I got into 3rd the new turbo felt spot on. 60 foot time was 2.25. (on MT's)

Was a good day though.

Sorry we didnt get to meet you Luke, we walked past the car but you didnt appear to be around and then of course we left early!

Never seen Heathcote that busy before. We left early as 2 cars had already dropped oil and the line for runs was right back to near the speedway area.

Otherwise it was a good day, nice to meet you Brent!

Nice to meet you Anna and you too Luke :) I look forward to seeing u guys at deca next weekend!

It was a very busy day I got 5 runs in total and left at 3:30.

After you all left I finally got into the 12's with a 12.9 :) was pretty happy considering the tyres I had lol

My bad, I was hoping to meet a few people. Last minute decision, my wife decided she wanted to come see what the fuss is about. (after telling me for the last month that she is not in the slightest interested). So I spent most of the day in the spectators seats keeping her ammused.

In all the shock of having Fiona there I even competely forgot about changing my tyre pressures or any other setup changes for the entire day. :spank:

I only ended up doing 3 runs. 1 on the stock 16's and 2 passes on the MT's. Was very disapointed when they wouldn't let us do a passenger run. (I guess it was to do with the cue times??).

Luke

Hey Brent, a 12.9 is a good time on street tyres, well done.

Sorry we didnt hang around longer to give you a ride in my car, but sounds like they wernt letting passenger rides anyway.

I have never seen so many cars at heathcote before and with the oil spills in the morning i didnt think it was going to be a good day.

Cheers

Luke (the one that you met)

wait, l_uk3y is a different luke to who I met isnt it? lol

Yup, threw me too.& I'm married to one of them LOL

Luke- no passenger runs is a bugger, guessing it was Q times too because I think they run passenger passes single runs only, not against someone else.

Haha Who would have thought. Fiona (my wife) with NOOOO interest in cars, after coming today to watch (first race event ever) has just asked me to buy her a helmet so she can passenger next time. That could be the strangest thing i've ever heard considering the day she got her licence (about 15 years ago) was the last time she ever drove.

yeah it would be. I didn't end up meeting anyone at all today. lol. i'm such a snob

Haha all good man. I think I saw ur car up the other end man, the silver 33 with the stockies yeah?

Hey Brent, a 12.9 is a good time on street tyres, well done.

Sorry we didnt hang around longer to give you a ride in my car, but sounds like they wernt letting passenger rides anyway.

I have never seen so many cars at heathcote before and with the oil spills in the morning i didnt think it was going to be a good day.

Cheers

Luke (the one that you met)

Hey Luke

Thanks man! yeah i'm pretty happy with it considering my first time at the strip and the tyres used but next time I will get some slicks and put them on up there lol.

All good man :) would have been awesome fun getting a ride in your car it looked quick as hell, maybe next time if your up for it :P And if they let passengers go in cars.

After you left there was like another 2 stopages, including one that lasted for over 30 mins whilst they cleaned the strip (oil went the oil way down the strip)..

I guess I will see you at Deca mate.

Cheers,

Brent

Yup, threw me too.& I'm married to one of them LOL

Luke- no passenger runs is a bugger, guessing it was Q times too because I think they run passenger passes single runs only, not against someone else.

hahaha well I am glad i'm not the only one that got confused then :P

I didn't end up making it, was missing 2 wheel nuts off front right wheel.

No socket, and no spare nuts... :(

The 2x Euro cars were 12.6-12.7 @ 113mph or there abouts.

Blown LS1 ran 10.75 :)

MPH was stuffed in the right lane apparently. Always something wrong with Heathcote & Timing, rather annoying.