SAU Community

R33 Gts-T Build

I am running 1 bar, spiking to 17psi through the rev range. inside the engine is 100% standard and un touched :)

also

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET R33 BOOT LIP AND REAR WINDOW SPOILER??

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWS UPDATE:

hasnt been much happening to the car recently as i am trying to save up some mulah! :)

but i sold my GTR wing to a nice bloke on here who is building up his 33 in W.A. a few days later i found all jap in brisbane had a carbon fiber drift style boot lip, so i went and picked that up, brought it home and threw it on the car straight away, im pretty happy with the look of it so far, within the next few months the car will be getting a full respray with a kit and all, most likely going a darker colour so the carbon fiber blends in a bit better. but for now im very happy with the look of it :)

also found this video which is pretty interesting on regarding the ongoing debate over engine oils. i think ill be using nulon from now on :)

thanks for looking

post-84616-0-58890500-1318149738_thumb.jpg

post-84616-0-56145500-1318149752_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i was getting sick of having HICAS in the 33 so i went down to rollin imports on the gold coast and picked my self up a HICAS lock bar ($88 brand new!!!!) i thought it was a bargain lol..

so in it goes

next on the list is window tint

post-84616-0-28054100-1319260558_thumb.jpg

post-84616-0-95346700-1319260568_thumb.jpg

SO!! just wanting some peoples opinions on here, i am wanting to change my turbo from this current bush bearing T04E oil cooled turbo to a garrett something turbo, with these mods what do you think would be a good choice? 3076??? i am after response and pull trying to minimize lag.

K GO!

Hey Ricky :wave:...im gettin a high flow 3076 core in mine by next week...will let you know how I go :yes: ......if you can wait that long :mellow:...comes with water n oil lines...n pretty stealth if its a daily and your worried about cop issues and not chasing crazy power

Also explain "getting sick of HICAS".....how helpful is this bar etc?? I have read about HICAS and I know what it is..how it works..how u get the bar put on etc etc...but I want to know first hand experience. :thumbsup:

Edited by jez NF

Hey Ricky :wave:...im gettin a high flow 3076 core in mine by next week...will let you know how I go :yes: ......if you can wait that long :mellow:...comes with water n oil lines...n pretty stealth if its a daily and your worried about cop issues and not chasing crazy power

Also explain "getting sick of HICAS".....how helpful is this bar etc?? I have read about HICAS and I know what it is..how it works..how u get the bar put on etc etc...but I want to know first hand experience. :thumbsup:

hey jeremy,

if you dont mind me asking, how much is that turbo costing you? im just finding the t04E a little unreliable power wise at the moment want something with a bit more punch, was thinking a gt3582r .82 rear ex housing.

the HICAS is rear wheel steering unit, which is located right behind the diff if you look under the car, by removing the HICAS unit and putting in a lock bar as i have done disables the rear steering and makes it solid which is easier to drift on, better on tyre wear etc. and cheap to buy, took me about 25 mins to install.

hey jeremy,

if you dont mind me asking, how much is that turbo costing you? im just finding the t04E a little unreliable power wise at the moment want something with a bit more punch, was thinking a gt3582r .82 rear ex housing.

the HICAS is rear wheel steering unit, which is located right behind the diff if you look under the car, by removing the HICAS unit and putting in a lock bar as i have done disables the rear steering and makes it solid which is easier to drift on, better on tyre wear etc. and cheap to buy, took me about 25 mins to install.

Was quoted around the $2000 mark...good value for money in my opinon...good for 350 - 370 at the wheels on a decent tune...standard bolt on....I will prob settle for 350 as I prefer running "safe"....HKS and the Gt-rs range are better for lower end responsiveness but can get quite expensive...also difficult to source here in WA.

Yeah I know what HICAS is "supposed to do" and what it is etc etc..just want to kno how it feels driving wise...as in would you lose the back before and find it awkward to reign in.....would you find the correction tough to predict on corners?? Is it a lot smoother now?? How is the power steering?? at low speeds? at high speeds? do you hold lines better?? etc etc :nyaanyaa: Agree on the cheap fix bit...it is quite a cheap mod (if it works)

ok so i have been doing a bit of research on the various turbos i can get. the cost to get my current T04E rebuilt with ball bearing cartirdges is just shy of 2k which i think is way too much, i can get a genuine garrett for that much.

seems like the better turbo to with is a Garrett GT3582R with a .63 or .73 rear housing externally gated.

your thoughts?

35R with a .63 hosuing is a waste of time!

its a 400rwkw turbo with tiny housing chocking it up...

As we said above, get either a TD06-20G or a 3071/3076 if you want around 300rwkws

ok so i finally made up my mind on a GT3076R with .63 rear housing externally gated, unfortunately i wont have the $$$ until tax time next year :( but until then i will be doing heaps of little bits and pieces to have everything ready so the new turbo can bolt straight on and get tuned.

thanks for the help on here guys!

Jeremey: i have only driven the car 2 times since i put the lock bar in, it feels much better and more stable and will save the rear tyres from suffering inside wear and tear.

so i got bored the other day and decided to put my fab skills to work, got sick of hearing my #1 muffler hit on every speed bump because it was hanging too low.

so out with the old

IMAG01741.jpg

and in with the new...small piece of 3" s/s tube made a bit shorter to pull the exhaust up a bit higher for more ground clearence.

DSCF8207.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update! not all that much has been happening to the car in the last few weeks, found a huge boost leak thanks to a split rubber joiner.

I finished of fabricating a surge tank from 316 stainless steel with 3/8 fittings, bosch 044 fuel pump is on the way.

also have ordered a deep dish steering wheel and boss kit along with a dildo shifter!

here are some pics to keep you going!

Surge tank (still needs to be polished up a bit more)

IMAG0199.jpg

boss kit and steering wheel

KGrHqYOKosE6ef2NK-BOs9UR7O5g60_12.jpg

quick pic

IMG_0105.jpg

Oy man.....Is your steering wheel going to be blue???

Sorry for picking up on something as trivial as the colour....but seriously blue on your car??? why?? How about black with the little yellow bit..that will look quite awesome...and match your rear lip spoiler?? and interior trim !!

hahaha sorry thats the only pic i could be bothered getting, i just ordered the boss kit atm, still picking a steering wheel, in about 5 mins ill post up a pic of my options. let me know what one you think is better, im thinking genuine cough momo :P black suede with red stitching :)