SAU Community

R33 Gts-T Build

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

received and installed the boss kit and put my mates genuine momo steering wheel on until i get my one, which is option 1 by the way :) dont like the chrome centre on option 2.

also received bosch 044 so surge tank will be going in soon!

IMAG0237.jpg

FYI, im not sure if s1/s2 dashes are different or not, my s2 airbag bulb was different and wouldnt come out. it had 2 wires connected to a little circuitboard or something. ended up breaking it i think, stopped flashing finally :whistling:

and nice car mate!

Edited by LANDSCRIBBLE

• 3 weeks later...

just a bit of an update :) landscribble - i got the cluster out and removed the HICAS bulb, at first i thought the air bag bulb was the one with two wires running into it, but the bulb is next to the one with the two wires going into it, so i just pulled it out and all done.

my beautiful girlfriend got me a MOMO deep dish steering wheel for christmas and mum got me some new sony explode speakers for the fronts as they were standard still. all installed and looking pimp.

P1090227.jpg

also took a quick snap as i got out of the car -

P1090234.jpg

^^^^ as you can tell i wound down the front a little bit more, this week i am ordering a HID kit, rear strut brace and front wheel spacers 25mm.

hey mate really nice job inside, i also have a skyline i just got am slowly building up my 33 :)

sorry to seem a bit noob, my first post really.

That inside box under your stereo, what is that called? im looking at getting one of those as my car came with a stereo and a dvd player and want to take out the dvd player.

ps love the steering wheel choice :D

received and installed the boss kit and put my mates genuine momo steering wheel on until i get my one, which is option 1 by the way :) dont like the chrome centre on option 2.

also received bosch 044 so surge tank will be going in soon!

IMAG0237.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i took the skyline to Queensland tint Company today for them to work their magic on all my glass, the 33 is now rockin 18% tint on fronts and 5% rears! did a great job at a great price.

here are some pics, also raised the front a bit due to the fronts scrubbing hardcore on the arch.

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so i am basically finished deciding on the turbo i am going with, had a chat to dave at JPP the other day and he is running the same turbo on his 2 pushing out mean power with less mods than mine!!

cant go past this for value and proven quality.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbocharger-Mitsubishi-Kinugawa-T67-25G-T3-10-cm-/270897143228?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f12ba5dbc#ht_2548wt_1292

that makes no sense bro, u were talking about moving away from crappy journal bearing turbo's and installing a ball bearing one,

and now u purchasing a journal bearing turbo again!

yeah i know, but the more i looked into those turbos the better they started to sound, and the JPP R33 is pushing 439HP with good response and torque out of the same turbo with less mods than my car!

not to mention these turbos are around $1,000 cheaper than a genuine garrett option. there is also a few people on here running the same turbo for over a year now with regular punishment, dave from jpp also has one on his 180sx drift car for over 12 months now still running 19psi fine which made me realise they must be a pretty well built, good quality turbo.

at the end of the day, anything is better than my current T04E turbo but this turbo sounds like the best value for money option.

• 2 weeks later...

My Wheels are now for sale, with tyres.

rear are dished. 265/35/18 with 70% tread (Camber)

Front is 225/45/18 with 90% tread.

perfect condition check my topics. asking $1,150 or nearest offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Kasko: the wheels are a Rota GR6 wheel $990 a set, turns out i didnt like the look of them on the car so i went for the Rota Grid with a polished lip.

sizes are front: 18 x 9.5 + 30 front offset

Rear 18 x 10 + 15 offset :)

slammed, rolled guards and a little bit of stretch.

UPDATE:

I sold my old wheels to a nice guy in sydney which meant i had some $$$ to do some serious wheel shopping, i ended up getting Rota Grids in gunmetal grey with a polished lip the front is 18 x 9.5 + 38 offset but im runnning 22mm spacer. the rears are 18 x 10 +15 offset. i had the guards rolled by mobile guard rolling on the gold coast, he did a great job on all 4 arches, well priced and very much a perfectionist!!

anyway enough with the chitter chatter, here are some pics (took the kit off and cleaned the 5kg of dirt off.

IMAG0447.jpg

Dressed and ready to go.

IMAG0450.jpg

fitted up....need more front fitment.

IMAG0453.jpg

all done!

IMAG0456.jpg