SAU Community

R33 Gts-T Build

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Update: The standard radiator looked like it was starting to give way at the top tank, so it would have cost 170 to install a new top tank or 180 for a brand new alloy 52mm radiator.....you do the math :)

i ordered the rad from ASI in melbourne, pretty good to deal with and fast with the shipping, although the 52mm was not available for quick delivery so they sent me a 40mm one with a set of blue silicon hoses to make up for the difference.

anyway....here are some pics!

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

sitting in there nicely, still have to fit the shroud. at the moment temps are the same as stock radiator.

IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg

Enjoy and comment :D

Some more Decent pics from the weekend with the new shoes on!

Maybe go a bit lower?

edited5.jpg

:D

edited4.jpg

edited3.jpg

edited2.jpg

editedversion.jpg

I'm loving the new look of the car! cant wait to get it out on track, still having coolant leakage issues though, coming from below the new plenum....not sure what im going to do yet.

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate: nah it didnt bolt straight up, its basically a universal TPS, so i drilled out the centre pin and did a bit of lathe work to make it all fit up tight, its about 1 hours work at your local machining / engineering shop roughly, i think thats how long it took me.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a quick update, my girlfriend was nice enough (as usual) to spoil me and buy me some 6000K HID's for my car as one of my presents!

so i finally took the time this weekend to install them with her help for the wiring (little hands)

Let me know what you think!!! i love them.

IMAG0564.jpg

yeah i have ordered pure white LED parker bulbs, interior bulbs, reverse bulbs, number plate bulbs and strobes for the front bar all in LED :) cost me $13 including postage for all that haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, the HID's were purchased by my girlfriend so she wont tell me how much they were :P but i think approximately $70.

Coming up next is Carbon fibre stereo surround and gearboot surround.

yeah i have ordered pure white LED parker bulbs, interior bulbs, reverse bulbs, number plate bulbs and strobes for the front bar all in LED :) cost me $13 including postage for all that haha

Your build is coming along nicely mate! Where did you purchase the LED's from so cheap??

Rod..

hey mate, read right through the thread and thats an awesome looking car, just wondering about your wheels, im in need to run 265 all around so is this what your running and how much work did it take to get tyhem to fit??

also why do you run the spacers is that for brake clearence????

• 1 month later...

^^^^^^^ hey mate, thanks for all the positive feedback, love to hear it. nothing much has happened to the car recently seen as though i just got back from a 1 month holiday. i have polished the intake pipes, cleaned up a few bits and pieces along with fabbing up a stainless steel return line :)

My old wheels had 265 rubber on the rears and it never scrubbed but they did have pretty fail offset, the new tyres are 245 but very aggressive offset, i had to run spacers on the front because the offset wasnt quite enough to clear the huge factory calipers.

:)

taking it to QLD raceway on the 31st of August, hopefully she goes well. will keep you all posted

• 1 month later...

So a bit of a news update seen as though it has been a while, unfortunately i have no pictures to upload though as my iphone crapped itself.

I took the skyline to QLD raceway for drift night a few weeks ago for her first time, the car went very well and didnt miss a beat, the only probably i had was the diff kicking one wheel from time to time which is expected for a factory diff. so i took the car to a mates workshop called workshop one....any gold coast guys should add him on facebook as he does great work and very professional. he took the diff out for me to weld the centre up, gave it all a good clean and put it back in WHOA what a big difference that made!! very excited to take the car to QLD raceway again for a drift night.

Next up is rear camber arms and solid rear cradle bushes!

will keep you updated.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

received my R33 rear camber arms by KKR, i put them in the following night along with 7mm steering rack spacers. Yesterday i took the car to nerang tyre and mechanical to get a wheel alignment, the guys down there do a great job and adjust all the arms to set the car up for whatever application you want, turns out i had almost 6Degrees of negative camber on the rear!!! lets just say the car drives much better with only 2deg of rear camber as well as having toe adjustment on the front etc. anyway here are some pics!!

image2.jpeg

BEFORE CAMBER ARMS

image.jpeg

AFTER CAMBER ARMS AND ALIGNMENTS

image1.jpeg