SAU Community

Temora Nsw 1000M Sprints

how much power is your Gtst putting out? If I do end up going, my wife will take her Gtst along - your gtst won't be alone

looks like my lowly Gtst will be swamped by GTR's

Im trying to negotiate with the missus as this is her birthday haha

im positive without taking wind etc into consideration my car would top out at 280-290km/h due to gearing.

Im trying to negotiate with the missus as this is her birthday haha

im positive without taking wind etc into consideration my car would top out at 280-290km/h due to gearing.

Better increase that rev limit by 1000rpm then ;)

Yeah Shell, more or less. Well that and come to think of it I don't know how keen on finding the limiter in 5th gear I am....sustained high rpm isn't a great thing lol

$103 for CAMS licence which last 12 months and will enable you to join hill climbs and more. hardly a big cost in the realm of modified cars and if you join 1 or 2 events its paid for itself.

I bet you sustain high rpm on the street longer then what you would for a 1km run. its not boucing off the limiter in each gear you simply get to rev through each gear. with a factory limiter set and mild mods your not going to blow things up. infact id be more concerened about the force of the wind on bodykits etc for realtively standard cars.

they obviously dont want cars running super high speeds eg 350+ as they wont allow burnouts so obviously less chance of people running full slicks etc

certainly hope this event becomes an annual event!!

$103 for CAMS licence which last 12 months and will enable you to join hill climbs and more. hardly a big cost in the realm of modified cars and if you join 1 or 2 events its paid for itself.

I bet you sustain high rpm on the street longer then what you would for a 1km run. its not boucing off the limiter in each gear you simply get to rev through each gear. with a factory limiter set and mild mods your not going to blow things up. infact id be more concerened about the force of the wind on bodykits etc for realtively standard cars.

they obviously dont want cars running super high speeds eg 350+ as they wont allow burnouts so obviously less chance of people running full slicks etc

certainly hope this event becomes an annual event!!

I'm more worried about oil starvation. I don't know how this event would compare to a track day, but keep in mind RB's, high RPM and oil staying up in the head :P

On a private (enough) road the 33 didn't have any worries finding itself at 206kph before I backed off. Admittedly it's hard at that speed to pick up more, but it was effortless enough to get there in the first place.

And my bodykit is BEAST!!! bahahaha yeah I understand that point though, I was having the glass on the windows slightly peeling itself away from the door seals

yeah, $125 plus $103 is a bit of a 'one off' for me, but i'm still keen to give it a go.

Not even sure if I would want to use all 6 runs, one or two would satisfy me for what I want out of it.