SAU Community

Have You Seen Your Spoiler Stop Light Lately?

Hey all,

Yesterday when i was towing my car backwards, i noticed that when the brakes went on, some of the lights in the stop light strip were out pinch.gif

So i just took it out to see if there was anything i could do to fix it, but it seems like a pretty sealed unit.

Has anyone had one of these apart? and what did you do to fix it? :thumbsup:

I just bought another spoiler on the condition that I could check it first to make sure they all lit up and were even. you can just undo the few bolts underneath, pull it out carefully and unplug it from inside the spoiler and replace with another.

Yea thats the obvious answer i know, but how long would that one last :mellow:

I actually found this shortly after posting, probably the one time ive made a thread before doing a decent search lol

http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/forums/17802-how-r33-rear-spoiler-brake-light-fix.html

So its possible to get the unit apart without breaking the lense, so theres an LED lighting place nearby that i will get to make a replacement strip i think :P

I took mine apart, if your careful you can do it without breaking it, its glued then after just silicon or glue it together. In mine the diode was fried so change that it was fine but your case seems like some leds are fried so will have to replace them.

technically speaking, if you take a spoiler off that has a brake light in it and don't put a high mounted brake light in the back window your car isn't roadworthy. r34 has it in the bootlid, as does the r33 4 door, but the others don't.

ride without a spoiler! looks much better IMHO

Haha nah, if it was a drift car then it would look normal, but otherwise, it just looks like there is something missing........because there is lol