SAU Community

R32 Gts-T Registered As A 4 Cyl.?

are bee's

(this may not belong here so please move to appropriate forum if necessary)

I bought the car about 2 months ago now, and recently got my first rego renewal papers to see that the cars registered as an RB20 4 cylinder???

-How does this happen is it the previous owner or the D.O.T.'s doing?

-What do I do about this? Is it just as simple as going into a listening centre and telling them someone firetrucked up?

also I'm in WA if that affects the circumstance at all.

I might be wrong but I'd just leave it as long as you insure it for what is is and not go off the rego papers you should be fine

I wouldnt go through a blueslip or wa equivalent unless needed

My car is listed at the wrong weight on the rego papers and I've been told not to bother trying to correct it as it will end up costing me more than it's worth in savings if te weights bought down

Heaps of imports are regoed as sedans when they are clearly coupes and moat of the time people just leave it

Edited by stig mick

yeah, why?

Clearly the guy at the rta who put through the compliance papers never saw the car in real life

I had an S13 that said sedan, they don't even make an S13 sedan, and the back seats were only good for children under 5

So in other words, just leave it as is, would that affect the third party insurance included with the rego? Obviously I've got private insurance as well. But if I was to crash would I be screwed?

It wouldn't have any effect of 3rd party cause you were not the person who entered the details when you complied the car

Plus I'm sure the price for 3rd party injury would be the same whether it was 4 or 6 cylinders

Edited by stig mick

Alot of people belive it or not know nothing about cars they aren't interested in them so if they had an error on the registration papers how would they know so its not up to you to pick it up

I'm normally an honest person and would point this kinda stuff out, but if it's saving me money and because it's completely there fault I can't be held liable for any paperwork mistakes on their behalf it'll stay how it is.

I thought about telling them, but in the end thought "nah, its saving me about $15 per rego compared to my mum's V6 Camry, LOL", so the cheap arse Asian inside me isn't complaining... :yes:

The times I got pulled over & the cops ran checks through their data base on my car & they didn't mention anything about the 4 cyl issue neither (probably didn't know...).

my rego says 2001 nissan coupe when in fact its a 1992, havent bothered with it just left it

Think this has something to do with when it was imported. Not 100% sure

but in queensland that is a $200+ saving per year on rego being registered as a 4cyl rather than a 6cyl

$200?! :blink:

In WA the difference between a 4cyl & 6 is only around $15ish...