SAU Community

Os Giken Twin Plate

Item: OS Giken twin plate clutch, from an R33, plus lightened flywheel

Condition: Used, probably in need of a rebuild.

Price: $500 ono, no lowballs

Other Details: Had the clutch in the car for nearly 2 years, (would be 2 years in June), done approx. 19,000km, was on a new motor from a wreckers, that motor had done approx. 10,000km since rebuild and new clutch, the clutch itself is worth around $3000 retail, for $500 I will ship the clutch to your door with everything required, as well as the lightened flywheel it came with as well (unsure of brand)

The clutch is still in the car at this stage but will be coming out within the week, so I will assess how everything is. The clutch is slipping pretty bad, from what I can gather it's warped plates (the plates between the clutch discs, the metal ones) which are causing it, I had a good long chat with Jim Berry about this sorta stuff and he mentioned that OS Giken twins always fail due to warped floater plates, they are under-engineered and are too thin.

Basically, you pay $500 for this clutch, take it to Jim Berry, get it rebuilt for around $1000, and you have a strengthened, twin plate, $3000 clutch.

Open to offers but chasing around $500, I have to pay my Dad back for the new clutch in mine ASAP.

Call or text 0413475969 anytimes

Will put pics up when available.

• 2 weeks later...

here are the photos of the clutch, price firm at $500.

post-68374-0-22516700-1305468269_thumb.jpg

OS Giken lightweight flywheel, significantly lighter than a factory flywheel.

post-68374-0-78466600-1305468320_thumb.jpg

Cerametallic 5 Puck clutch plates, and one of the float plates

post-68374-0-43582300-1305468360_thumb.jpg

Most of the gear together

post-68374-0-10429600-1305468404_thumb.jpg

Some of the heat damage, the blue parts are due to crystallisation at high temps, so these are the parts which will need replacing.

• 3 weeks later...

bump to the top, it needs to go, awesome deal! Can be rebuilt by NPC/Jim Berry for maximum power, recently discovered these are actually brass button not cerametallic, but still, a twin 5 puck brass button twin plate clutch is definitely all you'll need for those high-speed passes! A rebuild wouldn't set you back much, plenty of meat on the clutch plates, just new floater plates and it'd be awesome! comes with an OS Giken flywheel

$500 firm, plus postage. Need to offset costs of the new clutch (which became new clutch, new master and slave, then resleeved old slave, then new valve cover gaskets, and half moon seals + labour)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...