SAU Community

May Photo Thread

MaTBoY

Dude, you're roughly 20-30mins away from either me or Matt (in different directions, though), so all you have to do is let one (or a few) of us know when you wanna go out for a shoot, and we'll tee something up.

noted! find a midpoint :P keep in mind i'll be in a commodore haha, hangs head in shame.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt & Kory will be using my Foz soon to take yours Sid, Nick's Stag and others interested.

If Matt (lying down) gives me any lip > I get upset > my right foot twitches > turbo comes on boost > terry leaves scene of an accident :P

I reckon this would look much better if the wheels were turned the opposite way. Definitely a cool photo with cool location!

Agreed. Didnt get to setup the car. Just saw my opportunity and took it while i could :P

the background turns from a good shot into a great shot. i was going to get all sunset and flare on it but thought i'd keep it simple and clean to bring the cars out. cheers homeboy.

a note for HDR kings on cars... be mindful that your hdr will more than likely bring out all the reflections in the paint. something to think about.

If you're referring to the awful reflections in my shot note it isn't hdr. Just a damn bright sun.

^ ^ ^ Absolutely terrific > rivetting !

Right gear + Right technique > can't tell the difference between amateur and pro' - but then, you are the latter aren't you?

Congrats :thumbsup:

Sweet shots Serg. Always improving in my eyes. Killin it.

I'll be Terry trash talking! But don't kill me. Preferably run over matt first so i can get a good laugh and then he can't laugh at me.

Sweet shots Serg. Always improving in my eyes. Killin it.

I'll be Terry trash talking! But don't kill me. Preferably run over matt first so i can get a good laugh and then he can't laugh at me.

I've softened up...

I inspected (for Matt's sake) the Forester "Child Restraint"

Fulcrum bolt is half sawn through. It's only a matter of time... hehe...

CHild restraint... You'll be lucky if I show some restraint next time we meet, old man ;)

Got some new top secret photo gear arriving today! woot ;) You'll have to wait and see what it is though.. ahhh the suspense!

Hey Guys,

Took this tonight, Im still learning with my camera and editing as well, so I welcome any feedback you guys can give me.

cheers John.

post-45155-0-96623800-1304686788_thumb.jpg

wow! some more awesome action shots. all very good! You have media pass from looking at the locations?

Here's something different to the normal cars I shoot. A Holden FX Ute. Built in the late 60's locally. Lovely car. THis one was built up from a rusty shell by a friend and his old man. They've currently working on a pro-stock Vdub beetle for something different :P

Enjoy!

5694410619_383700f2b9_b.jpg

It's available in 1920x1080 on my site too.

didnt really do the scene any justice, but it looked so awesome when the sun was hitting the smoke through the trees. bit hard to get a good shot when your holding the camera with your off hand and the other hand is holding something smoking, lol.

229664_1801171982165_1025781561_31634242_3964609_n.jpg

might give it another go and see if i can get it right

Well, I thought I'd share the results of my first experiment with actual rig shots. actually, it's my 2nd attempt, but the first attempt was with a $5 piece of junk that nearly cost my camera :P (FAIL)

I haven't made a boom yet. Hope to get this done during the week. Having a limited range of positions i thought I'd get creative to try to tap some angles not usually done by others. thoughts?

5699082100_de6d9e05ba_b.jpg

5699081498_fe469d0bf2_b.jpg

5698510759_8e4b7cbbd6_b.jpg