SAU Community

May Photo Thread

MaTBoY

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought I'd share the results of my first experiment with actual rig shots. actually, it's my 2nd attempt, but the first attempt was with a $5 piece of junk that nearly cost my camera :P (FAIL)

I haven't made a boom yet. Hope to get this done during the week. Having a limited range of positions i thought I'd get creative to try to tap some angles not usually done by others. thoughts?

5699082100_de6d9e05ba_b.jpg

5699081498_fe469d0bf2_b.jpg

5698510759_8e4b7cbbd6_b.jpg

Great work! I really love the first and third shots.

This is the sort of stuff you have to deal with sometimes at weddings.. Though I don't mind it but sometimes can be annoying and your white balance can go out the door.

IMG_2624_resize.jpg

Well, I thought I'd share the results of my first experiment with actual rig shots. actually, it's my 2nd attempt, but the first attempt was with a $5 piece of junk that nearly cost my camera :P (FAIL)

I haven't made a boom yet. Hope to get this done during the week. Having a limited range of positions i thought I'd get creative to try to tap some angles not usually done by others. thoughts?

5699082100_de6d9e05ba_b.jpg

5699081498_fe469d0bf2_b.jpg

5698510759_8e4b7cbbd6_b.jpg

Very creative indeed Matt! Very well done!

I really think you have just about every angle covered...

except from the passenger side, looking over towards the adjacent cop car in lane 2 :P

I'd be a little disappointing in your if you didn't want to do her :P If she's worth a photo or two chances are she's worth a vodka or two....

here's that ellusive missing pic!

5712264673_d7e3d3a2d2_b.jpg

love it mate...perfect composition

heres some of mine going into a magazine next week

Img_0521edit.jpg

Img_0547edit.jpg

Img_0548edit.jpg

Img_0552edit.jpg

Img_0560edit.jpg

not much done, just a colour overlay and slightly blurred, going with a different look. thanks for looking ;)

This is the sort of stuff you have to deal with sometimes at weddings.. Though I don't mind it but sometimes can be annoying and your white balance can go out the door.

IMG_2624_resize.jpg

If you don't focus on what's immediately surrounding the light it looks sort of like God is blessing the wedding...! :)

love it mate...perfect composition

heres some of mine going into a magazine next week

Img_0547edit.jpg

not much done, just a colour overlay and slightly blurred, going with a different look. thanks for looking ;)

I like this one mate. The contrast in the colour between the beach and the surf is nice. Would look great blown up.

Thanks everyone ;) terry you crazy old man, you've given me a brilliant idea!! Will see if I can manage it.

Andy that pic godspeed picked is my favorite too. The colours and lines are in right spot. In 3rd.

Also gives u a foreground, focus and background. It's Rad.

I like that shot of yours too sidd. Without the light I reckon it would just be another photo. It's got something happening and the colours are great.

Dont judge me :(

I went out for a jog this morning and i noticed the fog, thought it looked pretty cool, did one circuit instead of two and got my camera out.

post-62384-0-55759400-1305675140_thumb.jpg

post-62384-0-36360500-1305675157_thumb.jpg

stupid pole ruining my shot :P and stupid me for not being steady enough to get better photos :P

post-62384-0-85540500-1305675170_thumb.jpg

Quick snaps of the boys warming up for flag grid iron, i'm more just laughing at their faces...

post-62384-0-23214800-1305675234_thumb.jpg

post-62384-0-65368400-1305675253_thumb.jpg

yeah nice! each morning this week we've had a nice blanket of fog and the sun has been burning through it. was planning on (trying) to get up early on sat and shoot a couple... we'll see how we go.

That sounds wicked!

My shots have the moon in them, dont know how to make the moon look any better *shrug*

Its kind of hard to get decent shots though, i cant keep still long enough for a good shot :P

And yeah Rhys, Blair and Phils game faces >.> bit dodgy hey!

Got this shot of the LOLvo today when I was trying these wheels.

IMG_2671-Splash.jpg

Unfortunately, the wheels do not fit - the offset is too agressive at +15mm on an 18x9" wheel. They stick out of the guards a good 1.5" front and rear...

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

...and I'm already running a fair bit of camber, which contributed to this:

IMG_2664.jpg

You say they don't fit, yet you show photos of near perfect fitment? This confuses me...

Tab, did you have a tripod? If not you could lean on something, water fountain or park bench. I've done that in Hillaries before, looked like a fkn tool, but it worked perfectly! Lol