SAU Community

May Photo Thread

MaTBoY

that looks f'ing awesome nick! pump those guard a touch! do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those wheels would make it the toughest stag on the road!

get a circular polariser nick. So does this mean your car isn't on the road?

tab, you can lean on me... when your not strong.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this shot of the LOLvo today when I was trying these wheels.

IMG_2671-Splash.jpg

Unfortunately, the wheels do not fit - the offset is too agressive at +15mm on an 18x9" wheel. They stick out of the guards a good 1.5" front and rear...

...and I'm already running a fair bit of camber, which contributed to this:

NICK!

I thought I recognised those rims! I saw the first pic and thought, "Oh - nick's found some RE30s after all, awesome, they look mad.... ....wait a minute..." :blink:

For reference, they're 9.5" wide (0.5" wider than the standard 33/34 GTR rim) and they *are* +15 as you said. So has the track width actually increased over your old wheels, or has the rim just become wider? It looks as if the track width has actually increased noticeably from these pics. When I first bought my R33 GTR, it had *7.5 inch wide* rims on with 235 tyres - very baggy, and a very low offset (almost negative) just to get the rims to fill the guards but the rims were way too narrow. This increased the track width too much IMO and made it handle like a truck - the axis about which the wheels rotated when steering, was too far from the midpoint of the wheel itself. I guess it was exacerbated by how narrow my old rims were, you wouldn't notice it as much with 9.5"s.

Let me know if you want to go through with them though!

Matt

You say they don't fit, yet you show photos of near perfect fitment? This confuses me...

Nah, Rhys, I'm not a fan of the wheels sitting outside the guards. The tyre stretch was pretty mild, so even though I'm not usually a fan of stretch, I could have dealt with these.

Also, I've NEVER had any problems with the cops in over 5yrs of ownership, so I'm not looking to change that trend any time soon.

Naw, clearly sit at least 4-5mm outside the guards. Would have to pump the guards to get them to fit.

Real shame they look really tough Nick.

Yep, they were actually about 1.5" at the wheel, and about 3/4" at the tyres.

I loved the look of them too Eric, hence why I snapped some photos while I had them on.

that looks f'ing awesome nick! pump those guard a touch! do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those wheels would make it the toughest stag on the road!

get a circular polariser nick. So does this mean your car isn't on the road?

LOL, I wish dude! I made some very brief enquiries yesterday arvo, and it would be too much work without risking paint cracking, etc.

However, if someone were to fund an R34 GT-R front conversion from MASA motorsports, then maybe the rears would be worth doing too...

DSC02431.jpg

Oh, I've got a CPL, didn't think to use it, stupid me... And yeah, car is on the road - I blew a tyre about a fortnight ago, and have bought and fitted replacements since.

NICK!

I thought I recognised those rims! I saw the first pic and thought, "Oh - nick's found some RE30s after all, awesome, they look mad.... ....wait a minute..." :blink:

For reference, they're 9.5" wide (0.5" wider than the standard 33/34 GTR rim) and they *are* +15 as you said. So has the track width actually increased over your old wheels, or has the rim just become wider? It looks as if the track width has actually increased noticeably from these pics. When I first bought my R33 GTR, it had *7.5 inch wide* rims on with 235 tyres - very baggy, and a very low offset (almost negative) just to get the rims to fill the guards but the rims were way too narrow. This increased the track width too much IMO and made it handle like a truck - the axis about which the wheels rotated when steering, was too far from the midpoint of the wheel itself. I guess it was exacerbated by how narrow my old rims were, you wouldn't notice it as much with 9.5"s.

Let me know if you want to go through with them though!

Matt

Yep, Matt, such a shame they don't fit quite right. Maybe if they were in a +28mm offset they would have fit, who knows? I had to at least try them to check, right???

Nick!!! They look fat! Pump the guards i say!! but i do admit, they would cause cop attention, especially around where you live. If you lived my area you would be sweet :) I agree with you, but i disagree with you!

old shot...

5093188830_eda0a386a8_b.jpg

Revisited a location and re took a shot to do a now/then comparison. damn my work flow time has been cut down significantly since then!

New shot...

5736745632_a4ed230dc2_b.jpg

and a bonus fat arse...

5736828148_58b5bea90e_b.jpg

Hey folks (esp Jay019)

This deal cam through this morning - Bike (or bar) camera/iphone mount (has both adapters). It is from Camzilla which do pretty good mounts as I understand. 50% off - $69. ONLY VAILD UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!

I'm going to use it on the rig I'm building.

1305792857695.jpg

Deal Link

Hey folks (esp Jay019)

This deal cam through this morning - Bike (or bar) camera/iphone mount (has both adapters). It is from Camzilla which do pretty good mounts as I understand. 50% off - $69. ONLY VAILD UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!

not a bad idea, but ive got a GoPro for video. i need to work on some better mounts for it tho, plastic mounts are breaking too easy and i want to make a quick release system so I dont have to leave it on the bike when i do a pick up / delivery.

Edited by Jay019

Thanks Sidd.

Arrghh... I want a 5DII so bad!!!!!!! Thinking of selling the 7D and getting a 5DII..... Hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.....What to do....what to do....

Sell it.. I never really liked the 7d.

Im going to sell mine as soon as the 5dm3 comes out. Then again isnt the 7d more ideal for what you shoot?

Think i have used my 7d like three times lol..

Yeah, what he said. I want a FickR account, but RM_Photography is already taken so dunno what other name to put it under.

Love the 3rd shot there. I want to take my new lens out to Barbagallow and shoot some real track work.

The Club VeeDub Nationals were on yesterday, and since one of my best friends and his whole family are a bunch of VW nutters, I went down there to hang out and take some photos... The venue was Fairfield Showgrounds - the same venue that they've used for many years, and the venue we used for the last SAU-NSW Show 'n' Shine.

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

Porsche flat-6 being installed in a VW Kombi:

IMG_2682.jpg

This thing was awesome, check out the headlights, spotties and LED blinkers:

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

Stickered-up to cover crash damage:

IMG_2699.jpg

Have a look at the inside of the (damaged) headlight - notice the VW symbol?

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg