SAU Community

Workshop For Servicing And Tuning - Long Term

Ben-88

I have recently picked up a V35. In the past i have just gone to dealers for servicing as my cars were new and still under warranty so it was just easier and most of my mods i installed myself as they were just the basic bolt ons. I know of the big names like xspeed and c-red etc. and have heard good and bad from alot of workshops over time so id like to know the latest on whos good in perth.

Im specifically looking for somewhere that i can go to for everything on a long term basis. I just think its better to try go back to the same place so they know you and your car etc. and try build up some trust. I want a workshop that is happy to do general servicing as well as future mods and tuning, preferably one with a dyno.

At the moment i want a very good check up done prior to my 3month dealer warranty thing expiring, so preferably a workshop who is very familiar with the car so they know exactly what to look for on this model. Im wanting to see if theres anything thats not so obvious that needs fixing so i can get it sorted before i start modifying.

I have been thinking C-Red but thats mostly because they offer all these things and are a name i know, but as to how good they are i have no clue so is there anywhere people recommend and have had good long term experiences with?

I dont mind paying more for quality work but at the same time i dont want to get ripped for a half assed job so any info would be appreciated.

Edited by Ben-88

For the V35 a good choice also to C-RED is www.autoworkshop.com.au as they do a lot of V35's and now a few V36's, the guys service to manufacture's recommendations and do a lot so they know what to look for.

For regular services you can get the while you wait service as they have a lounge area set up with TV and everything to wait in.

Hyperdrive or Autoworx? dunno how much they know about V35's but I trust Andy at Hyperdrive to tune my car.

Not a fan of C-RED but will not elaborate in public.

hey this is sorta semi on topic - there's a gull on flinders street..

next to the servo - is a garage.

is that garage - is always an entire fleet of drift S13s, Ma61 supras, Z10 soarers, Ke70's.. skylines and all sorts of JDM goodness...

anybody know what the story is there???

anyway: some other names that i'll throw out that i've heard great things about:

All star Garage

WTFAuto (for toyota only)

hyperdrive

Rocket Thumb garage

to be totally honest - i've heard and seen workshops go from being totally famous and having a bulletproof repotoir to being out of business and having their name dragged through the dirt over the ten or so years that i've been "in the scene"

won't name names there but those who will know will think of at least four big names that just f**ked up...

..but yeah - hyperdrive is the cockroach of the WA tuning and mechanic scene.

a comet, a plague, a famine, a swarm of locusts, financial crisis and the four horsemen of the bible can come down and swipe down EVERYONE ON THIS EARTH...

...but hyperdrive will continue to operate. they will still tune cars, they will always pick up the phone. they will always provide advice and great customer service.

they will survive anything that the world can throw at them, like a cockroach they just soldier on and do their thing.

(not to say that hyperdrive are ANYTHING like an acutal cockroach - just saying they're REALLY in this for the long haul!)

• 4 weeks later...

As i get closer to needing to get the service done, im deciding between hyperdrive and autoworkshop. I have holidays comming up so im going to go check out a few places and see what the workshop looks like and have a chat with them to see who i want to go with, but at this point it looks like it will be hyperdrive because they seem to offer everything i want, have a decent rep and are the closest to where i live out of all the "good" workshops.

dont want to be a fizz in the cup but a service is a service

if some think something is stuffed on your car and you dont know much about how your combustion engine works then you sould not be think to much about it

a car is a car ever motor works on four stroke system

if you take your car to a mech in one place for a service you will only get a oil change and check over just like every workshop in perth

it doesnt take a good mechanic to drop oil and change a oil filter

use your money wisely oil's are oils

hahahah sorry dont want to wreck your dreams of kick ass workshops but they are as good as the bloke working on your pride and joy