SAU Community

Can R34 Gtr Digital Odometers Be Wound Back With A Device

Hi fellas

As title states - Does anyone know if the original 180km odo's reading can be change.

Thanks

I'm sure they can. Just ring an instrument place and ask them.

Here's one -

Attspeed Auto Instruments -Speedometers - St Marys, NSW Unit 1, 35- 37 Glossop St, St Marys NSW 2760, Australia - (02) 9833 0055

I know VN-VS Commodore ones can be............

I rang inquiring about a car once and ask how many kms has the car traveled?

The owner replied with........ how many would you like it to have done?

Bob.

they can. the other option, which is much more commonly done, is to just buy one with lower kms on the clock.

it should be noted though, if you are trying to do it for dodgy reasons, there are ways to get a rough idea of how many kms a car has done. for starters, everytime a car is registered into a new persons name the kms are recorded, so if you put an odometer in with less kms than what you bought it at, when someone does a REVS check they will see that the odometer has been changed. i'm not sure whether, in southern states that require a blue slip every few years, the kms are recorded when the blue slip is presented (have a feeling they are).

if you are wanting to know whether it is possible because you suspect your car, or a car you are looking at has had it done, it is generally best to assume it has been if thinks seem too good to be true.

I'm thinking of importing one, and know 32 & 33's are changed all the time. Just wanted to know if they do it with 34's as well. Without changing the dash to a nismo 320km one.

When I bought my previous black R34 GT-R from an importer, the fuel gauge needle was not sitting on its spindle properly so I requested that his spare cluster replace the current one.

Both were the standard 180km speedo.

The replacement cluster had only 8500km on it and I asked if the odometer could be altered back up to the correct figure. He got it done within a day.