SAU Community

Sau & Renew Trackday Results

N1GTR

II was only talking about one day a year with the other clubs, and SAU needed to fill the spots that RENEW couldn't sell, SAU has not had trouble filling any events where it be a track day of TEXI or any other event that we have held, and I'm afraid to say that this is a driver training day with a Sprint added in, Yes I do supersprint with SSCC, my car is classed as SVD and I run with GTRs, this isn't door to door racing were doing. how many RWD cars were in your class.

This isn't Superlap.

Great idea then, 1 day a year a little comp with other clubs. Go for it, I'll fully support.

But I would have to say technically and legally this is NOT a driver training day. When you meet the requirements under every insurance company defination as driver training you can call it that. Even without timing it would never meet those requirements. This is not superlap either. It was billed as a friendly day going around the track, and apart from the "experianced race driver" incident, it was. It was very successful, it catered for everyone from inexperianced to those who would do super lap.

I can't see what your problem is with the days, it was a great day, and the Exec of SAU sould be congratulated on making the day so successful.

Link to times for the person who wanted it.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?05/03/2011.WAKE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What requirements are you referring to for a driver training day? All our track days too date have been run as training days with less regs than these days. All have had full approval from all relevant bodies including our clubs insurance. Not really sure what you're referring to.

What requirements are you referring to for a driver training day? All our track days too date have been run as training days with less regs than these days. All have had full approval from all relevant bodies including our clubs insurance. Not really sure what you're referring to.

I can't quite tell if you are taking the piss or what.

Go to your local NRMA and ask if your insurance covers your car for a "training day", OK no worries, AAMI even run them. Now tell them what the day consists of and watch them laugh at you. You remember Eric right, you go explain to his insurance company that this day, and any day is a training day. It might have elements of tips for newcomers, be newcomer friendly. But to say this is a proper training day is stretching the truth. I don't care what you signed on your CAMS insurance, the wider community sees this as a private track day. Training days involve registered training organisations, lesson plans, and generally a ratio between qualified instructors and students.

Everyone of the exec members should know the requirements under timed events under CAMS insurance, you are a CAMS affiliated club. You want timed events, then you run by the strict CAMS rules or lose your CAMS insurance and/or affiliation.

It baffles me that NSW club exec's still have public issues with this event. Some exec members claim not to have been consulted, well that's an internal issue you should be speaking within your exec group about, not an excuse for publicly expressing what is wrong with what has already been agreed to.

I'm not going to debate this with exec members further, I suggest you talk amongst yourselves, sort out your position as an executive and stick to it. There's something about having an opinion but following the agreed party line.

annnnnd this thread (just like the previous "sau vs renew" trackday) is a classic example of why if you want to add 'competition' to the mix and cause a shit storm you go to a weekend organised supersprint. If you just want to cut some laps you go to a 'trackday' .... which these 2 clubs used to run without any fuss once upon a time.

see you at the track

/unsubscribe

I can't quite tell if you are taking the piss or what.

Go to your local NRMA and ask if your insurance covers your car for a "training day", OK no worries, AAMI even run them. Now tell them what the day consists of and watch them laugh at you. You remember Eric right, you go explain to his insurance company that this day, and any day is a training day. It might have elements of tips for newcomers, be newcomer friendly. But to say this is a proper training day is stretching the truth. I don't care what you signed on your CAMS insurance, the wider community sees this as a private track day. Training days involve registered training organisations, lesson plans, and generally a ratio between qualified instructors and students.

Everyone of the exec members should know the requirements under timed events under CAMS insurance, you are a CAMS affiliated club. You want timed events, then you run by the strict CAMS rules or lose your CAMS insurance and/or affiliation.

It baffles me that NSW club exec's still have public issues with this event. Some exec members claim not to have been consulted, well that's an internal issue you should be speaking within your exec group about, not an excuse for publicly expressing what is wrong with what has already been agreed to.

I'm not going to debate this with exec members further, I suggest you talk amongst yourselves, sort out your position as an executive and stick to it. There's something about having an opinion but following the agreed party line.

It's become pretty clear from reading that post you're misinformed about many aspects and details of the day and the exec team.

By all means come to the AGM (I know distance can be an issue) and get involved and better informed :)

Edit; We run within all insurance guidelines, I don't know where you're getting your info about us not doing that. As for the exec member claiming he isn't informed, that's correct-that's what happens when someone is absent for periods of time and decisions need to be made so the club moves along. That's all I'll say on that.

Now enough bitching and moaning.

This is a FRIENDLY interclub thing.

If you want to do full serious racing join a racing club, we are more about members enjoying a wide array of events and as execs our job is to put on as many events as possible for the members throughout the year that are financially sound.

Still spots for the next one, come along, have a fun day out with your pride and joy with like minded people :D

It's become pretty clear from reading that post you're misinformed about many aspects and details of the day and the exec team.

By all means come to the AGM (I know distance can be an issue) and get involved and better informed :)

Edit; We run within all insurance guidelines, I don't know where you're getting your info about us not doing that. As for the exec member claiming he isn't informed, that's correct-that's what happens when someone is absent for periods of time and decisions need to be made so the club moves along. That's all I'll say on that.

I know I said I would not comment again to an exec but, in response to what came across as a rebuke instead of possibly a friendly clarification.

All comments are based all on SAU Exec members posts (more than one member and posts), as you have pointed out they may be a bit uninformed, but I can only base comments on what is communicated. I'd love to come to an exec meeting but traveling 3-4 hours on a Sunday night is not an option, and should not be necessary to get the correct information. I can clearly say communication was poor in regard to this event, I live in outback NSW (the ACT) so the forum is the ONLY communication I have to SAU. I had to go to RENEW to get information about the first days requirements. None of us forum based members knew anything about the "rules" until a non exec member posted about it, days after the event was advertised.

I have not said anything about not running within insurance guidelines for the day. You have taken that out of context. My concern on this point, is exec members complaining about the rules of the day and claiming the day is a "training day". The description does not match the reality and does not count as a training day for individual car insurance FACT. Also my point being that about needing to run under CAMS rules was in response to said exec members complaint that these rules were not necessary.

As you have pointed out said members may have been misinformed.

It is a mountain out of a mole hill, considering a fire extinguisher and metal valve caps are the only real difference between a CAMS rules and a normal track day. Classes were determined before the event (just) and if people don't like the classes or the entire comp then they don't need to concern themselves with it and just concentrate on having fun.

BUT we need clear concise and correct information, something round 2 seems to have a lot more of. I have never knocked the event, just the COMMUNICATION and the na sayers. I'm supporting the event arrangers instead of complaining about the rules of the day.

I know I said I would not comment again to an exec but, in response to what came across as a rebuke instead of possibly a friendly clarification.

All comments are based all on SAU Exec members posts (more than one member and posts), as you have pointed out they may be a bit uninformed, but I can only base comments on what is communicated. I'd love to come to an exec meeting but traveling 3-4 hours on a Sunday night is not an option, and should not be necessary to get the correct information. I can clearly say communication was poor in regard to this event, I live in outback NSW (the ACT) so the forum is the ONLY communication I have to SAU. I had to go to RENEW to get information about the first days requirements. None of us forum based members knew anything about the "rules" until a non exec member posted about it, days after the event was advertised.

I have not said anything about not running within insurance guidelines for the day. You have taken that out of context. My concern on this point, is exec members complaining about the rules of the day and claiming the day is a "training day". The description does not match the reality and does not count as a training day for individual car insurance FACT. Also my point being that about needing to run under CAMS rules was in response to said exec members complaint that these rules were not necessary.

As you have pointed out said members may have been misinformed.

It is a mountain out of a mole hill, considering a fire extinguisher and metal valve caps are the only real difference between a CAMS rules and a normal track day. Classes were determined before the event (just) and if people don't like the classes or the entire comp then they don't need to concern themselves with it and just concentrate on having fun.

BUT we need clear concise and correct information, something round 2 seems to have a lot more of. I have never knocked the event, just the COMMUNICATION and the na sayers. I'm supporting the event arrangers instead of complaining about the rules of the day.

Run for President then.

a20089,

Insurance side of things - they are talking about liability cover, not actually comprehensive car insurance out on the track.

The club needs the liability cover for running these days. in the past driver training days have been the key for us to get the cover and thats why in the past we have advertised them as driver training days :)

Still tossing up if I should enter or not - got a lot on at the moment and more events coming up, but would be a good test day on slicks.

someone wanna lend me monies? hehe

Insurance side of things - they are talking about liability cover, not actually comprehensive car insurance out on the track.

The club needs the liability cover for running these days. in the past driver training days have been the key for us to get the cover and thats why in the past we have advertised them as driver training days :)

Yea I think it's an issue of translation. What AASA or CAMs may see as a training day doesn't meet the criteria outside of racing insurance. :)

Big thumbs up to all members who made the day work.

because there is no racing insurance...(unless you have a classic with shannons ins on racing extention which no one does)

its liability mate.

Fatz - I'll race you...first 6 pack gone wins!!!

Guys, here is an easier to read version of the results:

post-63130-0-89084500-1304635634_thumb.jpg

Also a slight error in the club clas was found and fixed in this version.

Edited by gregor

Still tossing up if I should enter or not - got a lot on at the moment and more events coming up, but would be a good test day on slicks.

someone wanna lend me monies? hehe

i got a few spare 5cent pieces floating around the centre console of the daily hack somewhere ;P

weather forecast is looking good, so test those slicks out ;) you know you want to!

oh, and i'll join the 6pack race too. someone has to give fatz a challenge

Guys, here is an easier to read version of the results:

post-63130-0-89084500-1304635634_thumb.jpg

Also a slight error in the club clas was found and fixed in this version.

I think I see an error in street class as well. Session 2 (round 1) car 39 Peter Carruthers, was not credited with a time, where as he actually has the fastest time of the first session.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?05/03/2011.WAKE.S2

This assumes round 1&2 = round 1, 3&4 = Round 2 etc.