SAU Community

R32 Gt-R Intake Manifold Removal

Here's where i'm at.

i have a coolant leak from one or both of the hoses under the intake manifold towards the back of the engine (nearer the driver). i want to take the intake manifold off and replace every hose and clamp underneath it and fill it with genuine nissan coolant to avoid any leaks or corrosion (nescessary???)

all nuts are off the maniifold and fuel lines under the manifold are still fixed to the manifold but the hoses either end are pulled off.

i've pulled the hoses to the brake and clutch boosters off so it's just the two steel pipes stickking up through the manifold at the moment.

my questions, is it easier to remove the hoses from the underside of the intake manifold and unbolt the iac valve housing to free up the manifold?

or leave all iac valve components attatched to the manifold and remove the intake manifold with the iac valve still attatched? is that possible?

anyone with experience removing the rb26 intake manifold, i need help! any info would be great on this removal. i'm pretty close as it is but the manifold isn't free yet.

cheers

you have to remove the iac valve its only 4 bolts and easy to access

thanks heaps. i'll have a look tomorrow as i'm on annual leave at the moment. it's my daily driver so i have to do it before i go back to work on the 9th i think it is...