SAU Community

Help Me Find A Headunit!

Rekin

Hey,

Figured that after 5yrs ownership of the car, i should replace the japanese headunit. As much as i love only listening to AM and Christian FM radio, I think its time to try out FM and MP3's!

What Im after;

- Handsfree bluetooth

- Voice commands

- USB input at the rear

- Easy to use display for searching songs etc

Now, the only headunit which comes close to all of those is the Pioneer DEH-P8100BT. Which is great, but its old model and slowly disappearing.

With the newest Pioneer MVH-8350BT, they decided to put the USB on the front :domokun: and get rid of voice recognition?? Seems to me they went backwards so not keen on getting it...

Is there any headunit which can meet the above requirements?

Alpine iDA-X305S looks the goods but they want you to pay even more $$$ for the seperate bluetooth adapter :/

Is my only hope to search for an old model Pioneer, pay $$$$$ for Alpine or settle with a backward movin 2011 pioneer??

Guru's of SAU plz help!

Cheers :cheers:

give Phatt Audio Customs a call in braeside , ask for brett or sam

I'm sure they can point you straight

dont want to start hasslin people who are workin. Want the fine people of SAU to give me some advise so i can read up before i call :)

Hi Rekin;

just my 2c worth;

I just ripped out a brand new Alpine head unit and demanded i refund for its poor performance reading USB memory sticks.

It was a 126BT model; it had A USB on the front; full Bluetooth capability; and An Ipod cable running to the glovebox. they go for about $300.

If you change your mind and decide you want to use an Ipod; Alpine is arguably the best; and this head units ability to read the ipod was excellent. It had a good search function too.

However if you are deadset on using USB sticks; avoid alpine. They have no buffering (IE they chop off the start of songs and take ages to load new ones) And they

also have no preset equalisers IE: Superbass, powerful, natural etc.

If you can get past they bluetooth thing; the DEH 7250SD i just bought is the best head unit i've had. Its USB reading is instantaneous and it has more settings than the F35 fighter jet.

cheers for the comments guys!

Looking at the Alpine bluetooth adapter, it mentions voice dialing which is a plus. But they want $300 for the damn thing ontop of the headunit $400+

Thanks for the comment about the usb sticks. Was planning to use USB as dont have iphone/ipod. Will do some reading into it.

Looks like there is no headunit out there which meets my needs :(

Guess its time to start up a headunit company :P

However if you are deadset on using USB sticks; avoid alpine. They have no buffering (IE they chop off the start of songs and take ages to load new ones) And they

also have no preset equalisers IE: Superbass, powerful, natural etc.

Hey man i just bought and fitted up the alpine cde100eub it was only like 130 bucks but it has no delay reading usb sound files and it comes with eq presets?

the older clarion units had it on the back. everything newer seems to be front only. voice - nah. that was a pioneer thing. also look at JVC.

Thanks for that! The JVC KW-AVX740 looks the goods and looks quite cheap! Will there be issues with a US model? (apart from no warranty etc)

Thanks

I see a V in the model. that indicates it plays video of some sort. if its DVD then yes you have a probelm. the region code is different. USA is region 1 whereas Oz is 4. so any proper dvd you put in will not play.

bro last years kenwoods are mad as for everything that you wont or you can go the 910 pioneer that they have brought back lol again and also you could go the f20 and soon they are going to take a massive price drop because they are going to be bringing out the new f30 the only difference is going to be map upgrades.