SAU Community

Compression Test Results

skylineous

Heya all i own a nissan skyline r33 GTST thats done about 100000 miles.

Now i recently done a compression test with it at full operational temperture and all the cylinders was about 120 PSI.

This is very low obvioulsy and when i put oil in the cylinders the rise in PSI was about 5 to 10 PSI.

Also with engine running there is no blow back atall from the dip stick or out the oil cap best engine i felt before.

So with the no blow back and only a max of 10 psi rise with wet compression test which means its still bout 20 to 30 PSI off a decent engine PSI i belive it has to be the valves.

Any input or experince from you guys would be great i just find it weird that all cylinders are evenish and it to be the valves thought they would be uneven if valves leaking.

Cheers :).

If it still puts the power down, as said above, I wouldn't jump into the rebuild right away... Enjoy her. Ive seen a few RB's with 180000+kms still unbuilt and still making nice power. Seriously, until its something major, or you plan to do some big performance upgrades, there is no point. When you do the rebuild you replace everything anyway, you don't reco it.

not had power test i dont think it pulls as hard as my last skyline thou and yea im still gonna use it just if it was just the valves thats nice and easy to take head of and regrind them and wouldnt mind doing that :) and i see as machining the head as hiding the problem really not dealing with it lol . gonna take rocker breather pipe off from inlet when get round to it see if it breaths heavy then or throws lots oil out due to its burning alot oil that could be the turbo thou .