SAU Community

R33 Gearbox Parts

Hey guys,

So i have decided that while i have my gearbox is out so i can replace my clutch i'm going to pull it apart to give it a check over and replace any worn parts it may need.

I'm wondering if anybody know's of any good places where i can get parts (pref in SYD) like synchro's and bearings at a reasonable price

Thanks for your help

I'm about to order a full kit from CBC Bearings. They say its made by ATC (Australian Transmission Co) I think but they just put the CBC box around it. So they cant get a parts breakdown to show me. But should have everything bar the synchros (he said theres a small chance there might be some sychros in it)

Anyway. What I do know is the kit comes with bearings. seals, gaskets, apparently loctite etc and he says that company makes a rock solid rebuild kit for just about all gearboxes so sounds good

around $600 so its not cheap but for a freash gearbox its not to bad

I priced synchros from nissan today. 2nd + 4th gear synchros for $260 :O

expensive as shit, but I live in Nth Queensland so I'm limited for my choices

I got told by RHD Japan that they do not make spare parts i.e syncros,selectors etc. for the 5 speed box anymore as i was gonna full rebuild mine in my GTR. They told me they had the same problem when they went to fix theirs in their R33 GTR and said they had to buy a whole new gearbox, cause they still make complete boxes. So if you can hold of syncros and what not let me know. I ended up replacing my mainshaft bearings, got them from my local bearing shop $35 each.

Yeah I went to nissan today, only asked about 2nd and 4th gear synchros but as there the only ones that I'm having issues with

The kit I mentioned above for $600 is a good kit, has just about everything bar the gears, shafts, synchros. Ringing them tomorrow anyway so should be able to tell you whats in it. They do synchros as well so will see if they do them for skyline boxes

Bit strange they said they didnt do synchros anymore? GTR box isnt that different I didnt think..... Except for the transfer case of course I didnt think there was much difference at all. But anyway, I walked into Nissan today and they have the 2nd gear synchro in stock and the 4th gear one in Melboure. Pricey, but good to know its possible I guess?

Will let you know anyway

Ok so just rang ATC in Brisbane

The following prices do NOT include GST

Overhaul Kit: $422.30

2nd Gear Synchro: $95

4th Gear Synchro: $62.80

Apparently 2nd Gear synchro is a 3 piece part, thats why it costs a bit more. He said 2nd and 3rd gear have the same 3 piece setup. So I'm guessing all the synchros would be $62.80 + gst except for 2nd and 3rd which im guessing are both $95

Thats a guess. But anyway, the guy I spoke to was great to deal with so give them a call and talk about what you need. There branch in wagga had all the parts (Brisbane had everything but 4th gear synchro)

So for about $660 I'm getting everything that was gonna cost me nearly $1000 to source locally. Very happy :)

Nice, I've been tempted to just throw a new GB at it. I wonder if anyone supplies the new box cheaper than Just Jap?

You'd be hard pressed to find a new one from anyone else. Guessing its a genuine Nissan Item that is sourced from Nissan Japan. So therefore expensive lol

I recieved the parts from ATC This morning having ordered it yesturday afternoon at about 3:30pm, so great service. The synchros I ordered are genuine Nissan items to, so very happy

Will post up a photo of the kit before it goes in if I remember (not sure when the gearbox is getting pulled apart yet)

Nice work, what brand are the bearings & Seals? Price is cheap to buy as the kit. Reseller price from CBC was only marginally cheaper than this. I also rang ATC and they are genuine Synchro's 2nd was the $95ish, 3rd was $127ish, 4th $60ish. How many bearings are in the kit total?

Thanks for the pics.

Yeah I have genuine Nissan 2nd and 4th gear synchros from ATC, pretty happy cause Nissan here wanted $280 for them

They look like they might all be NSK bearings. All have Japan on them anyway, only pulled two out to check

Seals have TTN or something on them, but look pretty good

Pretty happy it has all the bearings and needle rollers in it.