SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Lake Grace Farm Bashing... Rb25Det Buggy

Hi SAU.

ESMck.jpg

For a few years now me and some mates have been taking holidays down at my folks farm in Lake Grace (WA). We take cars out there, thrash them, race them, jump them, destroy them, and video it and later on I put the results into a video for funsies.

Lake Grace is covered in salt lakes and pretty flat farm land, so we've made a few tracks out there (latest one this Easter is 2.82km long, going to be set up with a grandstand/observation platform, pits etc).

Here is a car list (probably missed some out):

Excel - dead

Barina - dead

Datto 200b - was dead, now living

RWD Celica - dead

RX7 - was dead, now living

Ford 4L - dead

Ford 4L - half dead

Civic ute - alive

97 Magna - alive

skyline buggy - alive

Album from latest adventure:

http://imgur.com/a/tuxVm/all

Here are the videos, in order. Skyline buggy is the last video if you want to skip, they are like 10min each

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JizifqAAvzM

Yeah the rb25det buggy went pretty hard. Bit shaky and needs its control arms remade and with sloppier suspension. converting it to manual among other things and it should be ready for next year, lol. pinch.gif

thanks for watching, and if you have any bashers in WA you want to give to a good cause.... wub.gif

awesome work all round dude... love the tracks, the cars and the buggy... I want some land to thrash cars on!

that buggy needs a hell of a lot more suspension travel though... it would be a monster with some proper off road shocks on it

working on it :P

trying to keep it competitive with the rotor through corners while reducing or eliminating the bumpy ride. lots of rubber bushes in order...

next year, should have some sweet updates.

looks like an awesome weekend! will have to call past in my work ute one day :devil: ill just tell the boss i got lost and kept following a buggy and some other cars around and around to get directions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Yeah it was a little confusing as stream of consciousness. To be clear I’m referring to a failure in a NEO turbo where you have another MAP sensor or something similar teed with the OEM MAP sensor for whatever reason. 
    • Cheers for the feedback. Yeah I've already got the superpro outer adjustable bushes, been in for about a year now. Bought the inner non adjustable superpro bushes last week and planning to install this week/next week. I'm kinda set on going polyurethane path to help stiffen things up a bit and longevity. RE: Is there a good quality aftermarket replacement arm which already has new bushings but also adjustable camber? Rather than the eccentric bolt? Yep, Hardrace and Cusco do them about $450-$500. Rubber bush.  Would have been the easier option.
    • I have this issue with my 08 v36 sedan that has only had 98 in it last 10 years, and Im pretty sure my mechanic puts k&n in when servicing. Could it really be that simple? I've been shopping around to get it fixed, but being so cold in Adelaide, it doesn't make the noise.
    • That's somewhat of a mixed message or confabulation of two different things. Point 1. Yes, it is generally a bad idea to tap anything into the FPR connection because when it goes wrong the lean condition is very destructive. No, it doesn't go wrong often, but when it does, it is usually because the ignorance of the failure mode is combined with sufficient general ignorance that the failure becomes more likely through ineptitude. Thus, it is generally easier to simply say "don't do it" than try to have a nuanced discussion. Point 2. The Neo's boost sensor "failure mode" should you tap into its connection and have that connection fail is not severe at all. But this is where the confabulation occurs, because you made it sound like tapping into the FPR on a Neo was not as bad. There wasn't any need to bring the Neo's boost sensor up as it was lacking in relevance, even with its previous mention in this thread. /pedant mode.
    • A few things to consider: Is there a good quality aftermarket replacement arm which already has new bushings but also adjustable camber? Rather than the eccentric bolt? Many years ago I replaced all my bushings front and rear with superpro polyurethane bushings. Sure they've been fine. But the castor isn't adjustable and is slightly out, the camber adjustment bolts aren't the greatest and most secure way of adjusting them. If I were to do them again I'd probably just replace the arms with aftermarket ones. I used a 5 ton press to get everything out. The biggest pain is having a wide selection of metal pipe pieces that are strong enough to press things out with. The rear hub bushings gave me PTSD.