SAU Community

Full Respray's

Looking to get your recent experience on car respray jobs locally. (maybe PM price)

I went to KMF but Naz is far too busy unfortunately. I've heard he does good work and saw him months ago and just cant get his time/attention to do a full respray or commit to a start date. So...

Now I need to find a shop that does great work and has time over the next 4 months. Your personal experience/recomendations would be appreciated. I'd prefer if it's your experince and not "hear say". When and how much isn't a major concern as long as the shop is good and can commit to their timeframe. Dollars on/off the books, as not an insurance job. Finish time by around late August mid September 2011.

Looking to go stock colour or close. Maybe the new Mercede's silver?

Not after a custom House of Kolors paint job. Just good quality and maybe a something slightly different shade/colour.

Cheers

Richard

why not just wait it out. have you emailed him requesting a meeting for a proper quote and discuss lead times? Simply showing up to a workshop for a quote without notice wont get you anywhere especially if they're busy.

Naz does great work. He might take a little longer but thats because he actually takes the time to do it right. He wont mask half the car and just start spraying like some.

If you're genuinely after a respray and realise that its only sydney rub and spray jobs that are completed in 1 week for less than $2k then Im sure he will listen.

I emailed him and left voice messages when I was trying to organise my Soarer to be done...never heard back. So I had to go down there...and he still told me he wasnt interested.

Used some excuse about not being paid by the insurers or some crap.

So while I wouldve like him to do my car, his lack of communication and excuses did put me off a little.

i wouldnt be surprised about the insurance company. they screw them down after they award them the job. thats why most people use 2nd hand parts with repairs. insurance companies encourage it.

Just cars tried to tell me the that consistant quotes of $2900.00 for a genuine supra bonnet is false and they could get them for $400.00. I spoke to contacts at Toyota to tell me what their buyers cost was without margin and we could only squeeze it down to $2100.00. After i sent JCI a letter they then agreed to it but went straight to the repairer and told them they would provide the bonnet and deduct that cost from their quote. We've had similar issue with my boss's audi Q7 that was resprayed after some peasant keyed it.

Remember KMF is a single man operation. Its a small workshop so it could be just bad timing. thats why i would say wait and orgainse a quote first.

Out of all the shops of dealt with along the way he so far takes the win for communication, pricing and results. He is very honest even if something goes wrong!

Yeah, my car will be getting a 2nd hand bonnet and boot lid :(

But While you could be right, it just seemed to me was is really only interested in the bigger $$ jobs.

If he can keep getting them then good on him, but if they dry up he may have burned a few bridges with the guys who just want a black bonnet on their Excel.

Nothing agaisnt him at all and I really wouldve preferred my car done there, but thems the brakes lol

i was speaking to nas a few wks ago regarding a side spray blending through the roof (due to some immature lil shits keying my pride and joy) and got a great price and a good time frame too.

After speaking with him, i told my mate who was also looking for a respray, he took his ford down there and also got a quote. Due to be fully resprayed within two wks pending manufacturing of his side skirts.

My mate spoke to another fella down there, David from memory - who also does work for one of his cousins in his own spray shop.

Anyways, In my opinion, Nas would definitely b worth waiting for. I've had nothing but good service and honesty from him. Top bloke

Seriously, I'm more thn happy to wait it out.

I'd love KMF/Naz to do my Car and thats why I have done and am I'm doing all the right things. Phone call, appointment, quote but can't get timings.Unfortunately Naz is busy and cant/wont commit to a start date due to his own reasons. I have repeatedly said the start and wait time is not an issue. I have waited 4 months and happy to wait another 4 months.

I have done all the right things and been an absolutely no hassle customer. A phone call and/or SMS every 4-5 weeks. Now 4 months down the track with 4 months before I'd like my car finished I need to lock the job in.

I'm not after a $2k or $5k job. I expect to pay between $8-10K.

This isn't a diss. I know Naz is busy, he told me so. That's why I have posted. I apologise as this is not meant to offend anyone.

I would realy like my GTR painted within the next 4 months.

Cheers

Richard

I hear ya man. It's a lot of money. U wanna make sure it's done right first time.

It's a shame there's only one of him.

Mayb just put the money under his nose and say u need it done by so date. C what he says

Thanks.

I must admit I didnt feel good when reading how fast your mate got an answer. "Due to be fully resprayed within two wks pending manufacturing of his side skirts"

I'll give it one last try and see what response i get. Maybe it's timing/circumstances or just the way they dress me. It's hard chewing through the leather straps in the morning.

Cash sitting in the bank since christmas.

Edited by Sinista32

yea my mate originally went down to c nas, but nas was too busy so he asked david to go quote him up.

I think part of the reason david said he could do it in 2wks also was cos it's only a ute with a tray back so it's only half the work.

But it was also quite difficult to pin a start date on him as well. He was kinda umming and ahhing a bit. "i've gotta spray at my cousin's shop nxt wk, ill try for the wk after, call me when u get the skirts made"

So im starting to think that his two wks could turn into a very long two wks

yea my mate originally went down to c nas, but nas was too busy so he asked david to go quote him up.

I think part of the reason david said he could do it in 2wks also was cos it's only a ute with a tray back so it's only half the work.

But it was also quite difficult to pin a start date on him as well. He was kinda umming and ahhing a bit. "i've gotta spray at my cousin's shop nxt wk, ill try for the wk after, call me when u get the skirts made"

So im starting to think that his two wks could turn into a very long two wks

I cant see why he can't give a date...even a "the 3rd week of June" or something

As mentioned 4 months to get the job done should be heaps of warning and time to get my GTR done. I'll try one last time as a last ditch effort I expect will be worth it. I'll let you now how I go via PM.

Cheers

Richard

Yes I do. But maybe keeping.

I Just bought a new 2jz short block for Matts MKIII and looking to get the turbo's refurbed and highflowed. What do you think ?

Edited by Sinista32

Whats with boost comming on or after 4000rpm. That's bad lag.

I'd rather not have to force the RPM's up and drop the clutch.

Personally I think boost should be full on by 4-5k rpm and start around 2500rpm.

But that's me.

Yeah fair enough. The more I think about it the more I like your idea. Mmmm high comp 1.5j on e85 with small twins could be the Charlie sheen combo I'm looking for