SAU Community

Looking At A R34 Gtr

Skidd

Hi Guys, long time read first time poster. So I have finally decided to bite the bullet and get my dream car now that I am finally able to. I'm looking at getting an R34 GTR. I have read through the "New to the skyline scene" FAQ and its answered most of my questions regarding looking into a second hand and imported Skyline.

I just have a couple extra questions I am sure some of you can give me some really good answers on, so here goes:

Being an imported car and not officially supported in Australia whats the best way to go about servicing a R34 GTR?

I am of this writing 29 years old, immigrated here from South Africa with no crash records or black marks against my name in regards to insurance, yet finding insurance for this car is anything but easy. Can you guys perhaps point me in the right direction?

Besides the obvious what should I be looking at when browsing for a GTR, is there anything GTR specific I should be looking at?

Thank you in advance for you advice and guidance.

Regards.

servicing is as simply as finding a good reputable mechanic in your area or close to it that has experience in maintaing and servicing skylines. Just ask here on the forums and im sure some one will point you in the right direction for your local area.

as for insurance have a look at just car insurance, have insured me and my gtr since i was 21

I found Shannons to be substantially cheaper for my 34 GTR and additionally many people I know have had good experiences when it comes to claim time.

As for basic servicing, they don't need anything particularly special that any competent mechanic, armed with the correct knowledge, cannot do.