SAU Community

Boost Guage Help

hey

i recenctly bought a boost guage for my r33 gtst

went to install it today

i was goin to T into the line that runs from the black box (back left hand corner of the engine bay when standing at front of engine bay) this line runs to the back of the intake manifold.

after cutting this line i realise the T piece supplied was to big for the line.

question is whats the best way to go...replace the full line with a thicker line, or find a T piece that will fit this line

and where would i be able to buy a T piece or the new line

Thanks for your help in advance

heres some pics of the line ive tried to get into...

post-60203-0-19838800-1304404870_thumb.jpg

post-60203-0-49955300-1304404904_thumb.jpg

I wouldnt even T into it.

Just use a piece of fresh hose straight to the new gauge. You no longer really need the stock gauge, and thats all the black box does.

Edited by gotRICE?

huh? why would he tee into the bov line, when he has that line right there? it's ideal for running a boost gauge. just replace it with new hose, and T off it.

and you may as well leave the stock gauge connected. no point it sitting there, doing nothing.

Edited by Munkyb0y

LOL! Im not entirely sure why i put BOV in there :domokun:

Tis what happens when you try reply on multiple forums at the same time.

I guess each to their own. The stock gauge is idiotic. i like mine sitting at "0" all the time. Haha and if you have a new one, your hardly going to look at the stock one.

thanks for the replies guys

ill head over to the shops tommorow and sort something out

lesson learnt dont start work on the car late arvo if something goes wrong cant get spear parts till the next day.

i think ill T into the line...any sudgestions on where i can get a new T from?

thanks

went to supercheap autobarn n repco today

no one sold metal boost T's in the size i needed, just got a plastic one for 40c

Doesn't happen to be an Apexi Boost Gauge does it? They supply a 4mm T-Piece and the vac line to the black box is only 3mm. I went out and bought a 4mm vac line and ran it straight from the intake plenum to the gauge to the driver side firewall grommet.

Make sure you buy a vac line that has a small outside diameter or it will make life difficulty feeding it through the firewall.

haha. oh great. now you edited your post, and i look like i'm arguing with myself!!!! :P

:devil: Its a sickness. Noone will make fun of you its ok!

Edited by gotRICE?

Doesn't happen to be an Apexi Boost Gauge does it? They supply a 4mm T-Piece and the vac line to the black box is only 3mm. I went out and bought a 4mm vac line and ran it straight from the intake plenum to the gauge to the driver side firewall grommet.

Make sure you buy a vac line that has a small outside diameter or it will make life difficulty feeding it through the firewall.

nah its not an apexi boost guage...i got a gift card for supercheap for my birthday they dont sell much so thought id just get a boost guage of them, yes its a cheap calibre guage but they didnt have anything else i needed.