SAU Community

Fuel Level Sender Cleaning R33 Gtst

DJSimmo

On 13/06/2011 at 5:41 PM, DJSimmo said:

excellent point, yes 10 or less litres should show the low fuel light on the dash, however when my fuel sender was dirty and not working correctly my gauge needle would be below the E and the light would still not be on, then i would fill up and find that only roughly 35-40 liters went in. this is when I found out that the fuel sender does not run the low fuel light and that the low fuel light is run by a seperate sensor on the bottom left side of the fuel tank.

My gauge reads ok when the car is stationary.but plumets.to below zero when u get to about 30kmh even on very smooth road...weird

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My GTS-T was in storage for most of about 8 years, with some fuel in the tank. When the fuel gauge gets down to about 1/3 it just drops to E so after getting it running good again, and running some cleaner through the tank I decided to pull the fuel sender out to give it a clean....the thing is impossible to get off the bracket! I have no idea how ya'll managed to pry it off the bracket, I tried getting it off for more than 2 hours

It's to tense to push down with fingers, and seems impossible to get a screwdriver in there to push the tab down, and fit a hand in there to slide the bracket at the same time

8cbc98c45c92b2ffdbfc08f4088365d9.png

• 1 year later...