SAU Community

Newcastle - Ford Focus Xr5 - $20,000

Rego Dec 2011

72,000 kms

2.5 5cyl turbo. Makes about 160fwkw... I know, not much for you skyline boys, but it's OK for a little focus :-P

Leather seats

HIDs

Dreamscience tuner

100cell cat and custom exhaust with 4" tips

Upgraded front springs

simota intake

Serviced last on 07/03/2011

Novated lease vehicle, so I have all receipts.

I'll take 20k from first person to offer it :-) Thanks for checking it out!

Email me, [email protected] ... willing to trade for SS ute... or stagea ute if anyone in Oz has built one!!! :-P

post-19188-0-42748300-1304469575_thumb.jpg

post-19188-0-67518400-1304469584_thumb.jpg

post-19188-0-49452800-1304469598_thumb.jpg

Have really enjoyed my time in skylines ( especially the GTR ) but I am staying focused ( great pun ) on my goal this time... as much as I don't like holdens... I need a ute, the dirt bike is getting very sad that it's been neglected. No one wants to see a sad dirt bike.

I agree, although I do not agree about the Holden part. Ford utes >> holden utes. XR6t FTW.

GL with the sale.

BTW, Focuses are ball tearing little cars. If only I could bear to live with a front driver!

Well it's either an SS or an XR6T to be fair. Leaf springs are a bit of a concern, but XR6T engine power and econ is awesome... XR8 is out, apparently it's an engine out job to put extractors on ?! no deal.

Yeah not gonna lie, front wheel drive is a downfall... I don't care what ford says. This car certainly can break traction quite easily, especially with the extra power, that said, it's got decent tyres and a test drive will show a decent amount of grip for FWD. Certainly once the speed is up, it just gets stronger and pulls very hard in the higher gears. It's a 160kw@fronts, but a very flat power curve with boost coming on very early, feels less peaky than my other I've had with similar power. very responsive.

Well it's either an SS or an XR6T to be fair. Leaf springs are a bit of a concern, but XR6T engine power and econ is awesome... XR8 is out, apparently it's an engine out job to put extractors on ?! no deal.

Yeah not gonna lie, front wheel drive is a downfall... I don't care what ford says. This car certainly can break traction quite easily, especially with the extra power, that said, it's got decent tyres and a test drive will show a decent amount of grip for FWD. Certainly once the speed is up, it just gets stronger and pulls very hard in the higher gears. It's a 160kw@fronts, but a very flat power curve with boost coming on very early, feels less peaky than my other I've had with similar power. very responsive.

I'd prefer leaf springs for towing/carrying. Wheels don't toe out when the weight sinks the back. Not to mention the XR towing capacity far exceeds the SS. And I'm pretty sure there are extractors ut there which don't require the engine out now for XR8s. Look at Herrod, Di Filippo and Blue Power and the prices of exhausts, fitted, are much the same as 6's and SS's.

And in all reality the handling of the XRs is as good as the SSs. There's little between them and they both have their strengths and weaknesses..

Didn't get any offers over the weekend, so put the price back up on carsales to over 20k. The stats show I'm getting more hits with the price just over 20k than just under... weird.

Anyway, almost certainly will sell the dreamscience hand unit which will have 4 lives left on it after I sell the car, so will keep you posted if you'd like.

People don't seem to like the idea of a tuned car, so will flash back to stock before sale.

Edited by psybic