SAU Community

2000 S2 R34 Gtt Stock Alarm?

Ruxis

Hey guys

Just bought a gtt and can't seem to find a website telling me if it has a stock alarm/immobilizer. I'm confident it doesn't because I locked it with the remote then opened it with they key and started it fine.

So I'm assuming no alarm system what so ever.

I live in the Wollongong nsw and was wondering what's a cheap way to get insured, (needing alarm and immobilizer), I don't want anything annoying that beeps at me if I haven't locked the door or anything like that.

Just minimum to get insured

Thanks

they can have factory alarms but they wont' comply with ADR rules for insurance nor will they stop a scum , don't buy a min alarm for a skyline, and don't hook up a remote start or turbo timer function.

you need one that is compliant to the ADR rules for alarms and then add more to that asap to stop it from being stolen. just look at the SA forums, every other week 5-10 go missing

nothing is safe these days. SCUMBAGS who steal cars !!!!!!

read the PDS for shannons, Just cars has the similar requirements for coverage

Shannons PDS link

Ok so I just bought a shadow immobilizer from jaycar as well as the alarm attachment for 200 bucks. Think that's good enough?? 3 points of immobilization.

/unfriend :P

you have been reading to much about me :)

as for decent alarms - autowatch,mongoose or viper (yes the do make a black wire one.). preference is the autowatch due to size. also find someone that can install. by htat I mean properly and not simply tossed under the dash.

if they pull parts of the dash out and hide it - great . if they pull the whole dash - even better.

Hmm I might get the 555 central locking module. Do you know anywhere in Wollongong nsw that can install??

so ive done a bit of research on alarms and was wondering if you knew if a gtt factory central locking has code hopping in the remote?? if not ill probly get a cheaper one (opposed to the 555 module) and have a seperate alarm remote. the only thing my shadow alarm lacks is more sensors it seems. it only comes with one door sensor.

Well the 555 module is a attachment to the central locking coil. So if the central locking button doesn't have code hopping there's no point putting that expensive alarm in because they'll be able to pick up the code and it'll be te same every time.

So it'll be an external alarm rather then off the central locking :)