SAU Community

Who Removes Broken Exhaust Manifold Studs On South Coast?

Sports Crazy

if you can't find anyone, use an "easy out" that you buy from the hardware store and DIY.

The new stud is referred to as an "Offset threaded stud", 8mm x 1.25mm threadpitch.

Matt

CALL CAPTAIN THREAD he is a top bloke and will come to ya house

+1 to Captain Thread. Comes to your house and when you want. Pretty quick and knows exactly what he is doing.

I found Captain Thread a bit expensive for one snapped bolt to be removed from the 34, but that was a while ago, may have changed his call out prices since.

CALL CAPTAIN THREAD he is a top bloke and will come to ya house

+1 My tuner used him to remove some of my broken studs

I had Captain Thread out this morning.

Set me back 110 pieces of money, but I couldn't care less. Could not get that f**king stud out to save my life. Tried half a dozen EZ outs (... I have a stockpile...), drilled all the way through the stud, back filled with CRC, still couldn't get it to budge.

Took Captain Thread less than 30 minutes to remove the stud, drill out the damaged thread (had to cut to old stud in half while it was still in the head), tapped a new thread, and then plugged a helicoil to suit a genuine stud in there.

$65 call out fee (North), $35 to remove the stud and fit a helicoil. Pretty f**kin' good as far as I'm concerned.

+1 to captain thread, used him twice now

Last time was on the 20 that was being prepped to go into my old 31

Two broken studs and callout fee to st Agnes was 90 bucks.

Fingers crossed I'll never need him again tho lol

currently have the same issue with two studs, and an ezy out tip which is broken in one of them making it a pain to try and "re" drill it out! may end up having to bite the bullet and call captian thread but im in adelaide hills so assuming the call out fee will be fairly pricey! he does fair bit of stuff for my work! does decent job!