SAU Community

R32 Gtr Hicas

Hi guys,

Long story short i want to remove my hicas as its playing up.. Now i have been told a few conflicating storys on what to do/not do by a few workshops one said i MUST use a 33gtr power steering pump or remove half of the veins on the impeller on the 32 power steering pump otherwise it will over pressurerise the steering rack and cause the steering rack to leak?? Others have said no drama's just pull it out and put a lock bar in it makes no difference and another said that you have to re-wire the hicas to stop the hicas light coming on and not to use a lock bar but get the standard rack welded up so you dont have to remove the lines etc..

Could someone that has removed there hicas please shed some light on this and point me in the right direction? Any help is much appreciated

Here is good guide: http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185697

Put in a lockbar, then you bypass the front Hicas solenoid by looping (through the power steering cooler) the rear stage of the pump.

You DON't need to remove the vanes from the pump's rear section

Getting rid of all the hicas gear saves ~20kgs. The light on the dash is fixed by cutting a wire on the hicas ecu.

My r32 has been like this for over 2yrs with no problems.