SAU Community

Where To Mount An Accusump In A Rb26 Enginebay?

Decided with the exchange rate I'd import a accusump kit and 'T' it into my oil cooler install. I'm unsure which size one to get as yet (bigger the better) but that will come down to the restriction(s) of the mounting location.

I need ideas for mounting locations.

mine is installed in the boot.. [distance of 3.2m of -10 braid] i emailed Canton and they said this is fine, so long as the pressure actuator/valve is still installed in the normal position on the outlet of the accusump.

the braid is secured under the car - the problem i saw with mounting in the cabin is the fact you have hot oil sitting there in a pressurised state (also the reason why i didn't want it mounted in my front bar)

after a couple of cycles there will be no air in the system

Chris

EDIT:

i also went with the Moroso check valve (so oil goes straight through your engine, and isn't pumped back through the oil cooler) and the Moroso accumulator mounts

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=13600

Got these from Performance wholesale in QLD for about $80 for both, they can post as they order from their Sydney warehouse anyway

Edited by kristafa

Above coilpacks or behind front bar reo. Although the latter will get you in the shit if you have a front on.

Other options are in boot, pasenger front quarter (although this means you won't be able to manually activate the valve so you should buy the electronic solenoid for it. You should also buy the 2quart one, not the 3, the 3 is about 50-55cm long I think

Battery relocation is a great idea actually, since it's a R32 it's still in my factory position (the drivers side front corner). I'd like to keep the accusump as close to the enginebay as possible as my oil system (cooler, lines etc) already requires ~7litres

As for boot mounting the accusump, is it difficult when doing a complete oil change to do the oil inside the accusump and the line going to the boot?

Just let the accusump discharge fully (pre lube) into the sump with sump plug out.., all that will be left in the line is a few hundred ml's.. Disconnect and blow into it if you want that last bit out.

• 2 months later...

They're just a light weight hydralic accumulator...

They work quite well if set up correctly. There are a few cars that rely on them to get around our local tracks without loosing oil pressure at a couple of particular corners.

You can use them as pre-ooilers as well.

Good things- I have two for my next project build.

J.

yeah you use them to pre-oil on start up, and then they can be set-up with a pressure switch. if through high g-cornering/braking/accelerating oil pressure drops it discharges into the engine to keep oil flow and pressure up. once pressure is above a certain point it recharges again.