SAU Community

Rear End Shudder

STD33

Hi all, having issues with the rear end shuddering/ wobbling around in my 95 R33, I recently had a hicas lock bar put in thinking that was the problem but still does it when going over bumps or turning sharp corners sounds like the diff is locked and inside wheel is skidding a bit? Just wondering if it could be the cradle and how do I check if thats rooted? HELP

Also recently had a brand new replacement turbo put in full service and tune but when I try and boost it after about 4-5000 rpm it dies or misses and doesn't seem to have as much power as it should, I know the 33s are meant to have a standard dual boost control (boosting 5psi till 5000rpm then bout 7psi after that) but doesn't seem to be working, i've herd of guys having similar problems and it was the coil packs for them put hoping I don't have to fork out for them or something worse!!! Any help would be much appreciated, cheers confused.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The miss is most likely your coilpacks. If you don't want to pay for a new set, which is advisable anyway, you can remove the coilpacks and tightly wrap them in electrical tape or spray them with silicone spray. Be aware though that this is a bandaid fix. Shelling out the money for new coilpacks only has to be done once and then you're set.

As for the rear, jack up the back of it and have a good look around. At one point the rear of my car was doing very similar and when I jacked it up, I saw that the half shafts on either side were very loose. Another thing to check is after the HICAS was locked, were the wheels aligned? that could account for the squealing tyres..