SAU Community

4Wd Light

Hey all

4wd light came on my car last night in traffic, basically no real drive is going to the front wheels

Took it to a workshop i know that has a diagnostic tool and was told it is spitting out, throttle position sensor.

Does anyone have the fault isolation flowchart by any chance or had this happen before??

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nick

Edited by levinboy

TPS at idle should be around 0.4 to 0.5v, any lower or higher iirc can make the ATTESSA light come on.

voltage of tps at idle (shown on power fc control) is 0.41-4V

yes this is a very common problem. It can also be temporarily fixed by taking it off and giving it a clean with contact cleaner and wire drier. But you will need are new one they are a common fault. Mine is playing up and only in cold weather.

Hi, I have had the same problem, It was the left front ABS Sensor, There is one to each wheel. Front sensors mount through the inner guard were the wiring attaches down too the outer hub were the sensor pick up mounts, On the rear the sensor pick up mounts into the diff housing on the inner hub, they run up to the wiring plug above the diff to the floor. From memory they are all inter changeable, Just about bet its one of them, Hope this helps Jamind