SAU Community

Rb30 Build

Chi100188

Hey guys heres my build plan would this be adequate just for using as a street car:

RIPS RB30 Stock internal bottom ends, with RIPS modifications, fully refreshed

Standard R33 RB25DET VCT head *is there any modifications needed or just bolt on?*

R33 GTST PFC with boost controller kit

Yellow Jacket ignition coils

Walbro 255l Fuel pump

GTR intake plenum with 700cc injectors

HKS 3037 Pro S turbo *should i go bigger to a GT35R?*

Items in consideration:

Nitto Oil pump

Enlarged Sump

Cheers

Chi

Sounds 'adequate' to me for a street car haha.

There is heaps of info in the stickies above on what mods are required to get the twin cam head onto the rb30 bottom end.

Only comment I will make is that if you choose the 3037 then make sure you get the larger 0.87 housing if possible. I would recommend either a kando T67 or a 3076 with 0.82 housing. For a street car I would leave the GT35R alone.

You might as well go larger injectors to give yourself more headroom and if you ever decide to run E85. I would go ID1000's. Not sure whether that fuel pump will be enough.

Will you be using standard exhaust manifolds?

Standard R33 RB25DET VCT head *is there any modifications needed or just bolt on?*

HKS 3037 Pro S turbo *should i go bigger to a GT35R?*

The head bolts on but you can weld up/ block the VVT oil feed and shape the water gallery next to it and shape it to suit the rb30 water jacket. If you dont then there is approx 1mm of sealing area around that water jacket.

Go the 35R, the difference in price is nothing for the extra increase in power, you will be wanting more when u max out the 3037

the 26 plenum i have a blitz adaptor plate kit for it to be bolted on mmmm I think the RIPS 30 block has all the modifications so the head is to be bolted on without having to block the VCT oil feed etc ill email RIPS about this, exhaust manifold wise if i get a GT35R i will be going a 6boost manifold. but is the nitto oil pump needed?

the 26 plenum i have a blitz adaptor plate kit for it to be bolted on mmmm I think the RIPS 30 block has all the modifications so the head is to be bolted on without having to block the VCT oil feed etc ill email RIPS about this, exhaust manifold wise if i get a GT35R i will be going a 6boost manifold. but is the nitto oil pump needed?

iirc it has an external feed set up. theres no way of doing it without blocking the original feed, as it overlaps with a water gallery on the 30 block. the other way thats on here is to feed vct oil from the cam buckets by drilling out a brass fitting in the head

Go the 35R, the difference in price is nothing for the extra increase in power, you will be wanting more when u max out the 3037

I disagree, there is car on here (Al's) with an RB2530, he runs a GT3076 0.82 and makes 330rwkw with unbelievable response.

My argument is that I would prefer a super responsive ~330rwkw setup then a less responsive ~370rwkw setup for the street. It depends on the driver too on what they prefer.

I have just changed from a 280rwkw setup on an RB25 with less reponse and changed to 250rwkw with amazing response and it would beat the previous setup in all times but a rolling start from 80+ km/h

I disagree, there is car on here (Al's) with an RB2530, he runs a GT3076 0.82 and makes 330rwkw with unbelievable response.

My argument is that I would prefer a super responsive ~330rwkw setup then a less responsive ~370rwkw setup for the street. It depends on the driver too on what they prefer.

I have just changed from a 280rwkw setup on an RB25 with less reponse and changed to 250rwkw with amazing response and it would beat the previous setup in all times but a rolling start from 80+ km/h

At 378rwkw I have no lag with a GT35R .82

Edited by Alf

At 378rwkw I have no lag with a GT35R .82

Wow you just created the first turbocharged vehicle to not have lag!!!

I think you mean the lag you have is acceptable for you. Put the car in 5th gear at 60km/h and tell me you have no lag.

Wow you just created the first turbocharged vehicle to not have lag!!!

I think you mean the lag you have is acceptable for you. Put the car in 5th gear at 60km/h and tell me you have no lag.

Im almost there with that feat! :D

lol ah, come on mate, fairs fair, it has a turbo and a relatively big one at that and its only an rb25!

You left out the fact it also has a supercharger hahaha

lol. ahhh it would appear I did...:whistling:

But to get back on point, the most responsive our race car ever was, was when it had a gt30 on it. Exact build spec was standard head and valves with tomei stage 1 cams retaining the vct, 6boost manifold with gt30 with .82 rear, 8.2:1CR and we were making 320rwkws. Then when we put a water methanol setup on it it bumped upto about 360rwkws and it was amazing! Pulled like a steam train but used to die off abit early up high.

lol. ahhh it would appear I did...:whistling:

But to get back on point, the most responsive our race car ever was, was when it had a gt30 on it. Exact build spec was standard head and valves with tomei stage 1 cams retaining the vct, 6boost manifold with gt30 with .82 rear, 8.2:1CR and we were making 320rwkws. Then when we put a water methanol setup on it it bumped upto about 360rwkws and it was amazing! Pulled like a steam train but used to die off abit early up high.

Exactly, what speed did it die off up high? I am tipping way above legal road speeds. Why such low compression??