SAU Community

R32 Gtst Bonnet Cut Back

Hey guys/girls the time has come to install my gtr grill on my gtst, and im gonna retain the gtst bonnet, which means it will have to be cut.

Im fairly handy and am gonna undertake the project myself however would love to no any things to watch out for or how some of you have done it :)

Any and all help would be appreciated

Cheers joe

I have done this myself and it turned out pretty well, it does weaken the bonnet if you dont weld in a plate to fill up the hole but it hasnt caused me any problems yet.

the key is to just print out some photos of GTR bonnets and make sure you mark out and cut the bonnet in the right spot with the right curve, i used masking tape as a guide to cut to, but no matter what happens the paint will melt and you will need to repaint the bonnet or touch up the lip.

Attached is a photo of it off the car after i cut it and sanded the melted paint back, and one after i painted the bonnet.

The trick is to measure twice, cut once!

Cheers,

Daniel.

post-64152-0-27335400-1304853783_thumb.jpg

post-64152-0-78819800-1304853914_thumb.jpg

Edited by DanielH

Hey cheers mate, yea im going to have a crack at it tonight so ill post up some picks when im done :)

Thanks for the usefull info :)

And im a chippy by trade so i live buy that motto lol

Joe.

All done work out really well, and sits nicly after i cut the skeloton back, the only realy downside about it is the latch its a bit hard to get to but none the less it look sweet, all im gona do no i rekon is get a n1 lip,

cheers for the info and advice mate.

joe.