SAU Community

Lowering 32Gtr, Hicas Issues?

Hey guys im looking into upgrading my suspension in my r32 gtr atm and i was looking towards coilovers that are a little street friendly.

I have two questions if its not to much to ask for.

Q1. Any recomended coilovers for street use?

Q2. Will lowering the ride down a couple iches effect the hicas system at all, will i have to remove it or does it still work normally? Iv heard alot of people saying its s#*t etc, but if it doesnt change the drive id prefer to keep it in there.

Cheers.

Q2. Will lowering the ride down a couple iches effect the hicas system at all, will i have to remove it or does it still work normally? Iv heard alot of people saying its s#*t etc, but if it doesnt change the drive id prefer to keep it in there.

The problem with lowering is that it changes the suspension geometry. Some of those changes can be addressed by adjustable bushes or arms, other you just have to live with. Depending on what your ride height is at now, 2 inches may be too far. Usually you want the wheel centerline to top of guard measurement to be 350mm front 340mm rear at a minimum, if you still want it to handle reasonably well.

Re HICAS, AFAIK ride height is not the issue. Also, just calling it shit is stupid. It depends on how you're using the car, and what you like.

What changes the drive if hicas is removed?

My build will be just for street use as id like to enjoy my gtr regularly through out the week.

What changes the drive if hicas is removed?

It will feel more "neutral", it wont try to steer itself straight. I realise i'm not describing it well.... and i've only felt it in a GTST as my GTR had a lock kit when I bought it. In the GTST it made it very easy to get the car straight during a powerslide.

Q1. Any recomended coilovers for street use?

Bilstein shocks with Kings lowered springs should lower the car correctly, and give you a firm ride with good handling.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed HICAS, i've never looked back :)

Are you wanting some serious low? If so make sure you buy base height adjustable coilovers, typically GTR coilovers that arnt base height adjustable cant go low at all .. :)