SAU Community

E.o.i. An Informal Track Day

Dr.J

Ok guys, the weekend of the 4-6th June might be a go, with the day being either on the sunday or monday.

I'm in the process of finding out the schedule for the next month or so, so the final date is TBA.

Watch this space!

Two weeks to get the car going and tuned.. I might be pushing it!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 12th June?

This is looking like a good day to do it.

I've had word that the venue is available, but I need to confirm the day/date soonest, so that no one else books it.

There will be 13 spots.

Post your replies here ASAP...

^^ Same here. I started my new job just after they pay us (get paid monthly) so I have to wait a few weeks before I get my first pay and I'm literally dead broke at the moment. :(

^^ Same here. I started my new job just after they pay us (get paid monthly) so I have to wait a few weeks before I get my first pay and I'm literally dead broke at the moment. :(

The 12th of June is confirmed.

Cost will be $140 per driver, and will include a bbq lunch and drinks

I will paying in full before the day, so you will be paying me back directly.

There are 18 places in total, with 5 already allocated.

First come, first served.

Post your definite intentions to participate below...

It will be an Autokhana/Superkhana style event, which essentially means driving really fast around a series of tight corners and short straights.

It will be a FULL day event, but obviously you can come and go as you please.

You will need your own, or access to the following things;

• Licenced & roadworthy car
  • Helmet
  • Long sleeve shirt and pants (cotton is best)
  • Closed in shoes

Your car will be lightly scrutineered before you are allowed to drive it on the track.

Basically, make sure the following things are done;

• Battery is secure
  • Seatbelts lock under tension
  • Tyres are not completely bald
  • Loose objects are removed from cabin
  • Your car is not falling apart
  • Your car is not leaking vital fluids

Cost is $140 - payable before the day.

Price will include Hot Dogs and drinks for the drivers only.

Spectators are most welcome, but will need to provide their own food and drink.

You will need to bring your own;

• Seats/blankets/cushions to sit on during the day.
  • Sunscreen, just in case
  • Insect repellent, just in case.
  • Don't forget your tools, and spares just in case!

There's plenty of room to make a mistake, so rest assured that the worst that will happen is your car might get a little dirty.

It'll be good fun, and it'll be at mostly slower speeds, so drive at the pace that you're most comfortable with. Your times will improve the more you drive.

There's a chance of some professional instruction on the day too.

The money is non-refundable, so if you can't make it, find someone else to take your place.

Make sure your car is reliable, and will last the whole day. The price is the same whether you drive for 1 run or 20.

You may drive someone else's car (with their permission of course!), but that car will need to scrutineered also if it hasn't been already.

Lastly, the track is for everyone who is driving on the day. Each run takes about 1 minute 30 seconds.

Don't dawdle, remember who you're after in the running order, and standstills are for Motorvation.

If you're deemed to be unsafe on the track, you get 1 warning only. After that, no more driving for you.

You will need to let me know via PM or e-mail, if you intend on driving by 5pm this Thursday the 2nd of June, so that I can advise and pay the venue, and sort out your running order for the day.

Contact me with any questions